All Articles Tagged "thick skin"
Michelle Obama says her daughters are learning that even the kids of politicians have to have a thick skin.
“Politics is tough,” the first lady said Tuesday. “That’s just sort of the nature of the beast.”
But she said daughters Sasha and Malia, at ages 10 and 13, also know that no matter what happens in the November election, “their life is good either way.”
Mrs. Obama chatted about family life, this year’s re-election campaign and what’s not ahead for her — a career in politics — during a round of interviews promoting the release of her new book on the White House garden.
As for the personal attacks that swirl around her husband in a campaign year, the first lady said: “You just sort of have to have a thick skin in this thing. And your kids do too.”
Malia and Sasha “understand that their world is secure no matter what,” Mrs. Obama said on ABC’s “The View.” ”They’ve grown to understand that home is wherever we are. … And Dad is always going to be Dad. So they’re good.”
Find out what the First Lady had to say about her political future at theGrio.com.
More on Madame Noire!
- Bet You Didn’t Know: The Secrets Behind The Making of Love Jones
- “Who Gonna Check Me Boo” and Other Pop Culture Sayings Birthed By Our Fave Reality Shows
- Who Believes It? Tami Roman Sheds Crocodile Tears On Wendy and Vows To Do Better
- Out of Site, Out of Mind and In Luck: Why The Best Way To Find Love Is To Forget About It
- Don’t Be a Ratchet Rat: 7 Manners Everyone Should Mind…Or Risk Getting Snapped On
- Haute Hats: When It’s Hot, Keep Your Cool With These 7 Stylish Looksl
- Things I Learned While Rocking Relaxed Hair, Natural Hair, and No Hair At All