All Articles Tagged "tennesee williams"
Tennessee Williams’ hit Broadway play A Streetcar Named Desire, which originally starred Marlo Brando (Stella!), is coming back to the stage with an all black cast.
This time around, Blair Underwood is playing the role of Stanley. Nicole Ari Parker plays Blanche DuBois, Daphne Rubin-Vega is Stella, and Wood Harris plays Mitch. The play’s producers, Stephen C. Byrd and Alia M. Jones, were behind the 2008 revival of Cat on a Hot Tin Roof.
The revival production, which opened this past weekend at the Broadhurst Theatre, is receiving moderate to favorable reviews. The Associated Press called it “ flawed but compelling,” giving it 2 1/2 stars out of four. While Entertainment Weekly gave it a B+. But you’re the best critic when it comes to your tastes, so it’s best to see the show for yourself.
Check out pictures of the cast from their opening weekend, below.
Blair Underwood and Nicole Ari Parker take a bow at the end of a show.
After the shows, the cast attended an after party. It’s good to see Wood Harris working. The man is so talented. And we’re loving Nicole’s dress and (natural?) hair.
If you’re going to be in NYC in the near future, you can score some tickets here.
More on Madame Noire!
- Dating Before Divorced! These Folks Just Couln’t Wait…
- Not So Famous Sisters of Famous Black Celebrities Part III
- LASH OUT! The 7 Best Mascaras For Lash Length – EDITOR PICKS
- Relationship Reflections: Things To Think About After The Breakup
- Oh No She Didn’t: Tyra Banks Fires Jay Manuel, Nigel Barker, and J.Alexander from ANTM
- Brooklyn Man Locked Up Nearly a Year for Rape Even Though Victim Recanted Story
- ‘Broke’: New Documentary Looks at How Pro Athletes (Foolishly) Lose All Their Money
- Is Church A Waste of Time?