All Articles Tagged "teen drug use"
A new Duke University study found that African American and Asian teenagers are less likely to use drugs and alcohol than teens of other races.
Of teens across all racial groups, aged 12-17, 37 percent used alcohol or drugs in the past year and 7.9 percent were classified as having a drug problem.
Author of the study, Dan Blazer, from the university’s Department of Psychiatry, said, “There is certainly still a myth out there that black kids are more likely to have problems with drugs than white kids, and this documents as clearly as any study we’re aware of that the rate of … substance-related disorders among African American youths is significantly lower.”
Find out which racial group is more likely to abuse drugs or alcohol and get the rest of the story at Black Voices.com.
More on Madame Noire!
- 10 Very Annoying Things on Facebook
- 6 Dating Rules That Shouldn’t Exist Anymore
- Ask a Very Smart Brotha: Bad Sex, Dry Cake & Black Woman Green Hair
- How to Make Stretching Your Relaxer a Breeze
- Selita Ebanks Punches Woman For “Hitting On” Boo Terrence J
- How Your Childhood Affects Your Relationships
- Straight From His Lips: 8 Men Myths That Aren’t Always True