All Articles Tagged "t.i.. 2 reasons"
Remember not too long ago, Trey Songz was walking around claiming he wanted to be the next Marvin Gaye? Well, womp to all of that. His latest video and single “2 Reasons” proves he’s not at all ready or capable, really of taking that title. It’s clear the brotha is confused about who Marvin was and what his music was about. Check out the video for “2 Reasons” below and then we can discuss afterward.
The song started off with so much promise. It would have been a nice little summer club jam but I just can’t get with being called a “b–ch” throughout an entire song. I’ve been known to dance to songs I didn’t all the way support but this certainly won’t be one of them. As one person noted, why couldn’t he have said “chicks and the drinks” or something else less derogatory? It’s just so tasteless. And though I’ve been enjoying the moves T.I. has been making as of late, I have to give him a severe side eye as well. I noticed he didn’t say the word b–ch in his verse but even being associated with this lazy, mediocrity is not a good look when you have a teenaged-step daughter. Is that how you’ll want men to refer to her when she and her girlfriends go out to the clubs in a couple of years?
The whole thing is just so played out. But as I’m typing these words I know there’s some woman out there downloading the single to her iPod, there’s a DJ adding it to his rotation and there’s a lost little girl practicing dance moves to this ridiculous track in her bedroom mirror.
The cycle continues.
More on Madame Noire!
- Cute Kid Alert: Diddy Shows Love to Chance, Christian and Justin for Graduating, Charlize Takes Jackson Out & More
- The Woman Behind The Baller: Amar’e's Fiance Dishes On How They Met, Her Move To NYC, and The Grand Proposal
- Madame On The Street: Who Should You NOT Take Relationship Advice From?
- You Could’ve Kept That: 9 Movie Remakes and Sequels That Shouldn’t Have Seen the Light of Day
- Don’t Be His Fool, or His Doormat: Excuses Women Need to Stop Making For Men
- Jealous? Why You Should Be At Peace With Yourself Before Entering A Relationship
- Like A Fine Glass Of Wine: 8 Hollywood Leading Ladies Who Have Aged Gracefully