All Articles Tagged "Suitable Offers"
Oh, Terrence. There are some people who are always looking for someone else to blame for their problems; Terrence Howard appears to be one of them. Since his wife filed a restraining order against him in December, claiming that he constantly beats her up and threatens her, Terrence says his career has gone completely downhill—and she’s the one to blame.
In addition to denying the allegations of domestic violence, he said in court documents:
“I am gravely concerned that her [Michelle Ghent] actions have had an incredibly negative effect on my career and my ability to obtain future work as an actor.”
Terrence’s agent also jumped in on the action and submitted a declaration claiming that since these allegations surfaced, Terrence has not received any “suitable offers.”
While there was some backlash over the movie “Red Tails,” most of that had to do with the fact that the actors all have non-black wives, or more importantly, that there were no black women in the film at all. I don’t recall anyone mentioning his problems at home while he promoted the film. And either way you look at it, Terrence’s wife has nothing to do with it. If he put his hands on her, he’s to blame for his own faltering career. If he didn’t put his hands on her, it’s not as though movie roles were coming in in droves before this whole mess anyway.
Terrence’s agent says that the actor only earned $60,000 for his last role which wrapped in September, but considering he was only paid $12,000 for “Crash,” he might actually be on the come up.
Are you a fan of Terrence Howard? Did the domestic violence allegations affect your opinion of him at all?
Brande Victorian is a blogger and culture writer in New York City. Follower her on Twitter at @be_vic.
More on Madame Noire!
- Fine Tune: Men Who Could Sing To Us Anyday!
- Why Are You Hiding Your Boos? Celeb Women Who Are Always Acting Single
- Dealing With Drama?: How To Know When It’s Time To Go
- I Know You Mean Well, But…7 Reasons Why BET Kills Me Softly
- “Dust Yourself Off & Try Again”: Folks Who Should Find Something Else To Do
- Friends & Lovers: What To Avoid When Introducing Your Guy To Your Girls
- Wild Thang: African Print-Inspired Fashions for Head to Toe
- Ooo Weee: Characters We’re Still Crushin’ On