All Articles Tagged "Storytellers"
When Jill Scott did her thing on VH1′s new “Behind-the-Music meets MTV’s “Unplugged” type show, “Storytellers,” the masses were quite pleased. Now we’ve learned the lineup for next season is equally promising, with Alicia Keys penciled in to tell her story this fall.
According to Entertainment Weekly, Alicia Keys will join Taylor Swift and Pink on the next season of “Storytellers” which will roll out as a three-day special. The show kicks off November 11 with Taylor, then on November 12 Alicia Keys will tell her story, followed by Pink on the 13th.
Though a few details have been shared of Taylor Swift’s airing, so far everything for A. Keys is hush hush. All we know is the show will follow its customary outline of having the artists perform and share stories about their lives, lyrics, and careers in front of an intimate audience. Maybe Alicia will give us a sneak peek of her upcoming album, “Girl on Fire.”
Will you tune in for Alicia Keys’ “Storytellers” special?
More on Madame Noire!
- You Know That’s Annoying, Right? 6 Things You’ve Got to Stop Saying to Your Single Friends
- Where Are They Now? The Women of “For the Love of Ray-J”
- Let’s Be Real Here, How Many Baby Showers Does One Mother Need?
- Thank God I Dodged A Bullet! That Feeling You Get When Your Ex Is A Mess
- A Memo To The Ladies of Love & Hip Hop: Commitment In a Relationship Should Never Be Up For Discussion
- Get It Mrs. Hines! Check The Behind-The-Scenes Pics Of Tichina Arnold’s Hawaii Wedding
- Bet You Didn’t Know: Secrets Behind The Making of “Diary of a Mad Black Woman”
VH1 is bringing back it’s original series, Storytellers, and Jill Scott’s story will kick off the premiere of the show’s 16th season.
VH1 Storytellers features singer and songwriters performing and telling stories about their lives, music, and careers in front of an intimate audience and it has been on the air since 1996. Jill Scott is an appropriate entertainer to headline the new season, considering the recognition she’s received for her fourth studio album, “The Light of the Sun,” including an NAACP Image Award.
Jill Scott’s story will debut May 1 followed by specials on a few other artists you might want to check out as well, like Jason Mraz (June 1), Norah Jones (June 8), and Grace Potter & the Nocturnals (June 15).
“We’re so proud to announce these exceptionally talented artists as part of our 16th season of VH1 Storytellers,” VH1 President Tom Calderone, said in a press release. “Our audience is hungry for the kind of deeper musical experience and connection to artists that Storytellers brings. That connection has cemented the series’ status as a jewel of the entertainment world where artists intimately share their music and the often revealing and poignant stories behind their songs.”
Will you tune in May 1 to get a behind-the-scenes look at Jill Scott?
Brande Victorian is a blogger and culture writer in New York City. Follower her on Twitter at @be_vic.
More on Madame Noire!
- Women Who Get/Got Too Into Their Men
- The New Dating Norms: 6 Big Changes In The Dating Game
- You’re Just Not That Into It: Signs That Your Job Isn’t For You
- Madames Who Acted Like Ladies, But Thought Like Men
- Kandi Says Beef With Marlo Almost Turned RHOA Reunion Into A Different Kind Of Show
- Growing Up Fast: Toya and Lil Wayne’s Daughter Reginae Gets Dolled Up For Photo Shoot
- RHOA Salaries Exposed: They’re All Making Bank!
- Cartoon Has a Message for Black Women