All Articles Tagged "storage"
ABOUT THIS EPISODE
In this “Get It Done” episode we’ll show you how to organize your closet clutter and maximize your space.
Clearing the clutter in your closet can be a daunting task, but with a manufactured off-the-shelf closet system like ClosetMaid you are able to transform your closet into a more functional space. Home Depot Associate Yvette Williams is on hand to show you how to organize your home’s closets with shelving, baskets and storage bins. It’s a project that the entire family can participate in. See how with the use of Martha Stewart Living and ClosetMaid organizing solutions the Pratt Family was able to create a more functional and better organized closet for their sons Jackson and Christian in this episode of Home Savvy.
FEATURED PRODUCTS USED IN THIS EPISODE:
- ClosetMaid Selectives 16 in. White Custom Closet Organizer - SKU #220117
- ClosetMaid Selectives 30 in.- 48 in. Adjustable Teardrop Closet Rod - SKU #228430
- ClosetMaid Selectives 48 in. White Laminate Shelf - SKU #225452
- Martha Stewart Living 10-1/2 in. x 11 in. Fabric Drawer - SKU # 282317
- Martha Stewart Living Hemisphere Telescoping Curtain Rod Set - Internet #202195009
- Martha Stewart Living Monk Cloth Thermal Tweed Back Tab Curtain - SKU #776286
CLOSET DESIGN TIPS:
- Measure the back wall and the two return walls of your closet before you begin. We recommend that you measure across the wall at three different heights and take the smallest dimension.
- Reach in style closets need to be at least 22″ deep to accommodate hanging clothes.
- Donate or throw away any clothing items you no longer plan to wear.
- Invest in the right kind of hanger for the type of clothing you’re choosing. Use plastic hangers for button down shirts and wooden hangers for suit jackets.
- Remove all wire hangers and plastic dry cleaner bags.
- Personalize your closet solution with shelving, baskets and storage bins. Home Depot carries various Martha Stewart Living and ClosetMaid products, to help you create a more functional and better organized closet.
MEET THE CAST:
WANT MORE HOME SAVVY? WATCH THESE EPISODES:
- Episode 1: How to Install a Bathroom Vanity
- Episode 2: How to Install a Bathroom Faucet
- Episode 3: How to Save Money on Your Home Energy Bills
- Episode 4: Home Decor Tips
- Episode 5: How To Decorate For The Holidays
- Episode 1: Creating a Container Garden
- Episode 2: How to Grow Vegetables at Home
- Episode 3: Interior Painting
- Episode 4: Closet Makeover
- Episode 5: Kitchen Backsplash
by Lauren DeLisa Coleman
New year, new you! One of the top resolutions is usually to become better organized, and now a new tech company called QVIVO can help you do just that. Organizing your digital media files is very important as more and more of your entertainment content becomes consumed in this manner. Who wants to waste times with incomplete searches? If you are one who likes to shy away from that, there are a few choices that can get you started but a superior offer comes from the hot, new company QVIVO. Thanks to them, your entire personal media collection of film, music and television favorites can be made available to share and stream between any device with the QVIVO app installed – at home or on-the-go!
QVIVO not only automatically imports your media files but organizes them into beautiful libraries complete with cover art, trailers and even subtitles. All the Internet’s popular files and formats are supported in gorgeous HD. The company offers unlimited cloud storage which means that the content actually rests on another super computer outside of your own and is simply available to you whenever you log on (an example of content stored in a cloud is your daily use of Gmail, for example). Liam McCallum, QVIVO founder, and Executive
Producer explains, “Unlike other Cloud media platforms, we’ve spent a considerable amount of time perfecting video. Uploads are lightening fast, and all the heavy lifting of converting files to right formats is done automatically for users in the QVIVO Cloud. “
Jon Niermann, QVIVO co-founder, adds, “What’s really exciting about QVIVO is how it keeps the whole family’s media library in sync without the need to push huge files to each device. I can pause a movie on my PC and automatically resume it on my Mac. Simply by clicking the play button, QVIVO starts streaming from the original device across the network or from the QVIVO Cloud – whichever is closer.”
QVIVO is connected! You can also link each family member’s profile to their Facebook accounts so that they can check-in, like and rate their favorite media. In addition, with a single button users can tell friends what they’re into and then in real-time while watching video or listening to music.
But here’s one of the best parts: QVIVO apps are free; allowing users to play and stream media around the home. The PC and Mac apps are currently available to download with the iOS prepared for release in just a few weeks. QVIVO Cloud streaming plans featuring unlimited Cloud storage start at an incredible $1.99/mo.
You don’t have to be a super-techie to jump into this system. It’s fairly easy to navigate and the design is quite user-friendly. See more at www.qvivo.com. Organized files are just a few clicks away. Enjoy!