All Articles Tagged "stolen goods"
Can you imagine coming home and finding that your apartment has been broken into, all of your things have been cleared out, and when you go next door to ask your neighbor if she saw anything, she’s chilling with your stuff?
That’s what happened to Rosemarie Morales the other day. When she walked into her neighbors’ place to tell them about the robbery, Crystal Jones, 20, and Angela Pittman, 26, were sitting on her stolen couch. A dining room set, coffee table, and desk that belonged to the Morales were also in their apartment.
As crazy as this sounds, another neighbor in the complex, Darius Lurry, said he’s not surprised at the women’s bold move: “We’re in Memphis. That’s all you can say. You got to get it how you get it now.”
Note to self: Don’t move to Memphis. I can’t even imagine my reaction if this happened to me. What would you do?
Brande Victorian is a blogger and culture writer in New York City. Follower her on Twitter at @be_vic.
More on Madame Noire!
- 6 Good Reasons to Date “Other” Men
- Hair Foods: Nourishing Products Straight From Your Kitchen
- Uh, Come Get Your Kids! Things SOME Parents Need to Stop Doing
- Rapper Wale Wants to Advocate for Black Women: Please Don’t
- Falling in Love with an Ugly Man
- Kris Humphries Before and After: Did Kim Kardashian Kill His Hot?
- Fall Shows That Are Winners (Bonus: And They Have Some Black Characters!)