All Articles Tagged "spring"
It’s not only the birds and the bees that feel like doing a little cross-polinating once the sun comes out. Spring has arrived and the warmth and colors of everything blooming naturally make you feel happier. And it’s even more natural to want to enhance that happiness by sharing it with somebody else. So how do you use this vibrant time of the year to your advantage to meet men? Try this.
This spring season is full of limitless wardrobe finds to define our brand. From neon to floral, there is something for everyone. While most may stock up on threads around town, now is the time to make a statement in the boardroom.
Business attire should never be limited to two-piece suits in funeral-ready hues. It’s a workplace, not a morgue for heaven’s sake. Though it’s probably wise to choose tasteful outfits, you can bet there are plenty of stylish risks to take with a high reward.
Here are 10 fashion wearables for the office that reflect spring.
Debuting on the scene in WWII, the woman’s blazer has been a fashion staple for decades. There is something about a good blazer that can take an outfit from average to outstanding.
While the basic black blazer remains a must-have, the fashion trends this summer are calling us to check for the bright and colorful. Add a little sunshine to your wardrobe with these stylish blazers in all different shades and materials.
It’s a feminine trend that the masses can enjoy! From airy colors to flirty cuts, the pleated skirt is a hot ticket item for this Spring/Summer. And with a plethora of attractive options to choose from, we’d say it’s wise to have at least one cute skirt on deck.
For the fashionista on a budget, H&M and Uniqlo have affordable picks that retail under $50, but if you have a few extra bills to spare, Rachel Roy and Asos’s flowy maxi versions are well worth the splurge. Shop 4 chic looks we put together just for you! Trust us, these pleated darlings are bound to get stares.
See how to complete the look at StyleBlazer.com.
More on Madame Noire!
- It’s The Most Ratchet Time of the Year: The Ugliest Prom Dresses of All Time
- Wonder What It Was Like To Date A Young Obama? 2 Ex-Girlfriends Reveal All
- Gucci This, Louis That: 7 Signs That You’re “Bougie”
- Don’t Play With Me: 6 Things You Don’t Joke About With Black Women
- Ask a Very Smart Brotha Live : Ready for Kids & Clingy Types
- Behind the Music: 7 Celeb Stories VH1 Needs To Get On Now
- Patience is a Virtue: An Open Letter To My Future Husband
The weather is getting warmer, flowers are blooming and legs and pedicured toes are in full effect. It’s spring time, and people are coming out of hibernation feeling feisty and flirty. As temperatures rise, so does our sex drive, hardwired to react to seasonal changes. After being bundled up for a few months, it’s natural to want to go from cabin fever to spring fever.
Here are 6 ways spring time increases the heat in all of us!…
Celebrity Stylist June Ambrose, Rihanna, Beyonce and Solange have been caught sporting fun, vibrant bottoms with prints varying from floral patterns to polka dots and even vintage camouflage. However, like every good thing, there’s always a way to do it—and a way to do it better. Check out these celebrities (and a few non-celebs) who have pulled off the printed pant trend well, and take notes from those that weren’t as lucky.
If you haven’t heard about LOUD, or Living Out Ur Dream, then it’s time you become a witness to the greatness that is their collection of eclectic and colorful clothing. Started by Abi Fashesin and Ashley-Rae Tapping, the ladies started the line in the hopes of bringing contemporary African-inspired clothing to the masses with pieces that are sophisticated enough for work, but fun enough for a night out on the town. We’ve featured their work in some of our previous fashion stories and we’re big fans, and you will be too after checking out their new spring and summer collection. From printed bustiers to funky blazers in vibrant prints, they’re bringing color back to your wardrobe. Check out some of our favorite looks below, and go to their site to see the entire collection. Happy shopping!
Are you digging their new collection so far?
Photos all courtesy of http://loud-culture.com.
More on Madame Noire!
- Women Who Get/Got Too Into Their Men
- The New Dating Norms: 6 Big Changes In The Dating Game
- You’re Just Not That Into It: Signs That Your Job Isn’t For You
- Madames Who Acted Like Ladies, But Thought Like Men
- Kandi Says Beef With Marlo Almost Turned RHOA Reunion Into A Different Kind Of Show
- Growing Up Fast: Toya and Lil Wayne’s Daughter Reginae Gets Dolled Up For Photo Shoot
- RHOA Salaries Exposed: They’re All Making Bank!
- Cartoon Has a Message for Black Women
It’s getting warmer outside, and with the change in weather comes a change in mood–folks want to be outside! But also with a change in weather comes a whole lot of ratchetness. From too little clothes to very aggressive men, when the weather takes a turn for the better, people act a hot a** mess. Keep your eye out for these things and people:
And this is applicable to both sexes. When it gets warm outside, everybody seems anxious to pull out their revealing pieces. Men wear dingy draws and wear their jeans around their thighs (instead of pulled up), and the minute it gets hot, women throw on leggings and little T-shirts. Just a reminder, unless you are a dancer, leggings are not meant to be real pants. Please throw on a tunic or flowing shirt and cover your butt. I’ll never forget when I spent time in Harlem with a friend last May and a woman wore shorts that literally had her butt cheeks out. Who thought it was a good idea to let her go out the house like that? I have no clue, but don’t let it happen to you.
Stay in shape before the summer starts with these great tips!
Spring is here, which means that summer is coming, which means that everyone is starting to freak out about wearing shorts and bathing suits in the very near future. It happens every year. We feel the weather starting to shift and, suddenly, “bikini body boot camps” start popping up all over the place, and everyone you know starts doing a cleanse.
However, In the middle of all this renewed effort and dedication — there’s a roadblock. Actually, several roadblocks:
- Easter — with all the chocolate bunnies and creme eggs.
- Lent — when people often give up food vices, but then go on a splurge once it’s over.
- Passover — replete with traditional foods that are delicious, but not always healthy.
And, for some of us, there is also spring break — a few days of vacation where our healthy eating habits go on vacation too.
More on Madame Noire!
- Happy Until They Got Married: Broken Celebrity Couples
- Training Day: Things You Should Never Have To Teach Your Man
- Mo’ Money Mo’ Problems: Mega Millions Winner Won’t Share Money With Lotto Pool
- Do You Go Too Hard For Your Favorite Celebrity?
- Uh Oh: Is Swizz Beatz Creeping With His Ex?
- Charlie Bell:Kenya’s Recklessly Spending My Money To Get Back At Me
- An Open Letter To Mary J. Blige Re: Her Buffoonish Burger King Commercial
- What Does It Really Mean To Think Like A Man?
Beyonce hit Manhattan yesterday, sans baby Blue, in an outfit we’d expect to see on her younger sister Solange. Even though it’s a step in a different direction, we’re definitely feeling the multi-print skirt. Allegedly, she, her body guard Julius and Mama Tina were in the city running errands. What do you think of this look? I’m not feeling these particular shoes with this Bohemian look and I’m a bit tired of those glasses but there’s no denying she looks great. What do you think?
More on Madame Noire!
- You Can Call Me Crazy: 7 Women Who Acted A Fool On-Screen…And We Loved It
- 7 Things That Should Signal The End of A Relationship
- “Ask A Black Man” Episode 1: Life Of A Single Black Man (Extended Cut)
- He’s No Good For You: How To Stay Away
- Dawn Richards Keeps It Real About Splitting From Bad Boy, Danity Kane And Cheating Boyfriends
- Ask A Very Smart Brotha Live: Stolen Kidneys & Treating Your Man
- Be Kareful With Your Kotex! Mold Found On Kotex
- Looking Out: Tyler Perry Gives Bobbi Kristinia A Job