All Articles Tagged "something’s got a hold on me"
Remember big haired soul singer, Leela James? Well she’s back with a tribute to blues legend, Etta James. In a remake of Etta’s hit song, “Something’s Got a Hold of Me,” Leela takes us back to the ’60s and then up to present day. Leela James said she’s always looked up to Etta James as an inspiration: “Etta James sang from real pain, which truly made the blues and soul of her music special.” As someone who’s always been impressed with Leela James’ vocals, this song and the subsequent video did not disappoint.
Check it out below and let us know what you think.
More on Madame Noire!
- Jay Electronica: The Homewrecking Other Man?
- Where Are They Now? 10 Black Actresses Who Should Have Blown Up Big…
- Sun Sets: 6 Summer Must-Have Accessories
- Get A Little Closer: Romantic Movies To See With Your Summer Boo
- MN Exclusive: Malinda Williams On Her Most Challenging Role
- Kanye I Want You To Take Your Own Advice: Drive Slow Homie
- What About Ciara? Knicks Star Amar’e Stoudemire Proposes To Mother of His Children