All Articles Tagged "social media apps"
So you say you’re an entrepreneur who knows how to navigate the ever-changing digital scene, but do you really have what it takes to be a web-savvy pro? Take a look at what Inc.com notes are the habits of web-savvy entrepreneurs.
1. You’re an email ninja. Email ninjas don’t check their email constantly throughout the day. No, they’re too busy and too skilled for that. They check their email only a few times a day. For important emails that need to be sent out they schedule them with Boomerang. They may even use five sentences or less to help them send short and concise emails and download ActiveInbox, a Gmail/Google Apps plugin that organizes emails into to-do lists.
2. You Blog. Inc.com notes that your blog is your online home base. To be a successful web-savvy entrepreneur, you must keep an active blog. Use Tumblr, WordPress or Typepad to start yours today.
3. You are the information outlet for your followers. Some of the most followed Twitter accounts among independent social media masterminds tweet their most interesting findings 10 times a day. They space out their posts but still put them out at the most optimal times. In order to better use Twitter efficiently, you’ve got to read daily, and use a scheduling tool to keep your tweets queued up.
4. You read tailored news daily. Not only will reading keep you update to add interesting tweets to your Twitter, reading tailored news will keep you more interesting and successful. Don’t keep your news sources to a website such as BBC or The Washington Post. Instead use an app or an RSS feed to find articles that specifically matter to you and the work that you do. Try using apps such as Zite or My6Sense to help with your tailored article search.
5. You never post negative comments online. No one wants to be hassled or put down by unconstructive criticism online. Keep all of your negative and downright mean comments to yourself. In fact, a study by Dan Zarrella, a noted “social media scientist,” shows that posting negative comments will directly limit your online network.