All Articles Tagged "Snoop Dog"
Well it’s clear to see where UCLA’s antennas are directed. The university appears to be tired of going after old money, they want to tap into that hip-hop cash cow because after awarding Diddy’s son Justin an unnecessarily controversial full football scholarship, word is they’ve also offered Snoop’s son one.
According to USA Today:
Cordell Broadus, son of rapper Snoop Dogg, received a scholarship offer from UCLA. Broadus will be entering his sophomore year at Diamond Bar High School this fall.
Listed at 6-2 and 185 pounds, he played wide receiver and defensive back for the freshman team last season.
Cordell transferred to Diamond Bar from Long Beach Poly last fall and like UCLA, his coach Ryan Maine told ESPN he likes what he sees so far.
“We’re expecting him to really lead us the next three years. Hopefully get bigger, stronger and keep leading this team.”
Cordell no doubt gets pointers from big snoopy d-o-double-gizzle who coaches how own youth football league. When ESPN asked him how he feels about the paths his older sons are taking—his oldest, Corde, just graduated from Diamond Bar and is headed into the music biz—Snoop said this:
“Both my boys had normal existences. No real drama in the house. No real drama outside. They are all good.”
UCLA is trying to be all good with their hip-hop support too, Cordell still has a few years to make a decision though.
More on Madame Noire!
- Bet You Didn’t Know: Secrets Behind The Making of School Daze
- They’ve Got a Story To Tell: Celebs Who Went From Top Ramen to Top Dollar
- If I Wanted to Deal With Kids, I’d Have My Own: A Letter to Parents Who Think Everyone Loves Their Kid as Much as They Do
- Let’s Talk, Ladies: Are You Afraid Of The “S” Word?
- My Story: For Colored Girls Who’ve Considered Suicide When the Law Couldn’t Protect Them From Incest
- Evening Eye Candy: NFL Baller Ray Edwards
- HALF ON A BABY: The Top 7 Ways You’ll Know He’s Ready For Kids