All Articles Tagged "sleep studies"
In the past studies have found that women tended to get less sleep when they were sharing their bed with a [male] partner but a new series of sleep studies are challenging that finding. The Wall Street Journal is reporting that sleeping together as a couple provides an increased sense of security and can actually reduce levels of cortisol, a stress hormone.
The trouble is you and your partner have to work with one another’s sleep schedule. If you’re a morning person and like to get to bed early, you may run into a bit of a problem if you’re in a relationship with a night owl. The difference in sleep schedules and subsequent problems like being waken up when your partner comes to bed can cause tension in the relationship.
But marriage and family counseling therapists have some solutions. Check them out here.
Have differing sleep schedules ever negatively affected your relationship?
More on Madame Noire!
- What’s Black Enough For You?
- Grieving Over a Girlfriend: 7 Ways to Move on After a Break-up…Between Friends
- Bet You Didn’t Know: Secrets Behind the Making of “Poetic Justice”
- Am I The Problem? Finding Accountability Within
- Don’t Look Back: Are You Spending Too Much Time Obsessing Over Your Past?
- Where Are They Now? 10 Black Actresses Who Should Have Blown Up Big…
- What About Ciara? Knicks Star Amar’e Stoudemire Proposes To Mother of His Children