All Articles Tagged "Sherry L. Blake"
The statistics on the chances of a marriage surviving are as dismal as the probability of finding someone to marry in the first place which is why single black hopefuls and those whose marriages are in turmoil, need reminders that there are couples who beat the odds. That’s where BlackandMarriedWithKids.com authors Lamar and Ronnie Tyler come in with their new documentary, Still Standing.
The film is the third installment in the couple’s “Timeless” series and features in-depth conversations with several couples, including “Speech” Thomas from the group Arrested Development, and his wife, on how various circumstances threatened their union and how they pulled through together. From chronic illness, to financial struggles, to infidelity, and the difficulties of blending two families into one, these couples have been hit with issues we all can relate to, and in the documentary they’ll talk about working through those problems and being on the successful side of marriage. Dr. Sherry L. Blake, who we’ve seen counsel Gabe and Trina on the “Braxton Family Values” will also offer a psychological perspective on marriage and it’s challenges.
The film is slated for a May 1 DVD release, and if you happen to live in Chicago, Dallas, DC, Houston, or Atlanta, you can check out a live-screening of the film at the end of the month and in April.
Watch the trailer for Still Standing and tell us what you think. Will you check this out when it’s released?
Brande Victorian is a blogger and culture writer in New York City. Follower her on Twitter at @be_vic.
More on Madame Noire!
- She’s Trying to Erykah Badu Me: 7 Men Whose Style Changed For Their Lady
- Where Has He Been?? Love Jones Creator Explains His Disappearance
- Hair-Raising!: Real Life Hair Horror Stories
- Would You Be Cool Not Being Claimed By Your Man?
- Leah Remini: Sharon Osbourne Had Holly & I Fired Because We Were ‘Ghetto’
- Black Celebrity Twins Besides Tia & Tamera
- Six Blacks Who Made Forbes’ Billionaire List
- 7 Dating Patterns Many Women Fall Into