All Articles Tagged "selah marley"
In a proud dad moment, Rohan Marley tweeted pictures of he and Lauryn’s eldest daughter, Selah. The girl, who is a dead ringer for her mother, graduated from 8th grade in style yesterday, wearing a long, flowy white gown. Check out pictures of this daddy-daughter duo and Rohan’s tweet about the graduation below.
“Dressed in all white…Today we welcome Selah into her High School Years…class of 2012…My little Princess”
We love it!
More on Madame Noire!
- Noire Naturals, Episode 1: The Natural Twist Out
- In Coolest Ish Ever News: Photographer Gives Black Barbie a Traditional Nigerian Wedding
- Snatch It Off! Celebrities Who Should Toss Their Wigs
- Controlling, Manipulative & A Crazy Beyotch: 7 Signs This Might Be You in Your Relationship…
- Are You Dealing With a Real Man Or A Little Boy? 7 Signs You’ve Got a Grown A** Man
- MN Exclusive: Teedra Moses Dishes on Her Faithful Following, Finding Love, and Rick Ross
- The Joys of Thrift Shopping: Why I Shop at Goodwill and NOT Forever 21
Lauryn Hill may have shunned the spotlight, leaving many of her fans craving for a new LP, but she hasn’t stopped her daughter from pursuing her dreams of fame and fortune as a model. Last March, Selah Marley, daughter of Lauryn and Rohan, made her debut in Teen Vogue and she’s already started off the new year with a new set of prints.
The 12-year-old looks gorgeous as she switches from serious poses to more playful, youthful looks, proving you can still be striking without being oversexed. With a mother like Lauryn, I’m sure Selah’s modeling career will be kept in check—making sure she’s always age appropriate.
If, by chance, modeling doesn’t work out, Selah can always fall back on one of her many other talents like playing basketball and doing ballet and gymnastics, or playing violin, piano, or guitar. She might also give signing a try—if mama Lauryn approves. Selah told Teen Vogue, when she asked her mom about launching a singing career she told her, “Let me hear your stuff and I’ll think about it.”
“People tell me I have to follow in the footsteps of my mom and grandfather, but it’s a lot of pressure,” Selah said. “I can’t really slip up and mess up the name.”
Brande Victorian is a blogger and culture writer in New York City. Follower her on Twitter at @be_vic.
More on Madame Noire!
- Yesterday’s Year In Review: The Good and Bad of 2011
- The Top 10 Most Shocking Celebrity Scandals of 2011
- Deuces Before The Due Date! Couples Who Split With Babies On The Way
- Celebrity Hair Spotlight: Selita Ebanks
- Should a Man’s Religion Affect Your Dating Decisions?
- Mane Magic:Ways To Color Your Hair Without Dye
Lauryn Hill is adding another Marley child to world. On Saturday, Hill told the audience at Detroit’s Chene Park: “I’m going to be taking time off to give birth.”
Two months ago in front of a crowd in L.A. the rapper/singer/actor joked about her baby-making abilities.
“I keep having these children. I don’t know if I’m the most fertile woman in America.”
We suspected Lauryn might be pregnant after watching her Bob Marley tribute on Jimmy Fallon. (But who are we to make that type of statement before she does?)
This will be Hill’s sixth child with longtime partner Rohan Marley. Currently they have Zion-14, Selah-13, Joshua-9, John-8, and Sarah-3.
No word yet on the sex of the baby or expected due dates but congrats are in order for Rohan, Lauryn and the rest of the Marley family.
The young one, who served as a contributing editor for the issue, told Teen Vogue that she loves singing and would one day like to be signed to a record deal. That doesn’t seem too far fetched with legendary musical geniuses in her blood line.
Check out more details on Selah over at Black Voices.