All Articles Tagged "“Say My Name"
At a Cartier event last week, Roc Nation singer Rita Ora decided to show some love to her boss’s wife by serenading the crowd with a cover of the Destiny’s Child classic, “Say My Name.” Bey and Jay were in the crowd for the performance (of course, somewhere VIP and not really with the crowd), and I’m sure Ora was feeling the pressure. For me, there were a few times where she was singing the song especially hard (and a bit too loud). She definitely got off to a rough start, but I think that by the end, she pulled it together and did a pretty good job. As most people who listen to covers would say, I would definitely prefer to listen to the original, but she did a pretty good job. Check out the video of her rendition of the track and let us know what you think of Ora’s performance below.
What do you think?
And on a sidenote, Ora addressed the claims that she is trying to be the next Rihanna, will be the next Rihanna, is trying to take her spot, etc. In an interview with The Guardian, she had the following to say:
“I don’t think there will be a next Rihanna, but I think [Jay-Z] definitely sees me as someone who could be as big as Rihanna. She’s a superstar now, but they first knew her as a small-island girl – and they want to repeat that success.”
Well, it took a good while for Rihanna to be as big as she is now, so Ora better be ready to work hard and be patient if she’s trying to emulate Ri’s success.
More on Madame Noire!
- Hair Do’s and Don’ts According to the Fellas
- Intuition or Evidence: 6 Signs He Has A Chick On The Side
- Better Off Unwed: Couples Who Have Happily Kept A Ring Off Of It
- On To The Next! Women Who Found New Love In The Nick of Time…
- In Between The Sheets: Things All Women Are Insecure About In Bed
- WEEKEND WRAP-UP: Kevin Hart’s (Ex) Wife Not Acting Like A Lady + MORE!
- 6 Things You Can Stop Worrying About Doing For Your Man
- FLASHING LIGHTS! Couples Who Love To Flaunt Their Love