All Articles Tagged "Run the World"
You know, I actually really like Dawn Richard. If you aren’t 100 percent sure who I’m talking about, she’s the New Orleans born singer of Danity Kane fame, who teamed up with Diddy and singer/songwriter Kalenna Harper to form the short-lived group, Diddy-Dirty Money. Sadly, but not that surprising, the group disbanded after releasing their only album (Last Train to Paris), and Richard revealed that she was released from Bad Boy altogether. So now she’s finally getting to do her solo thing. Her first big song, “S.M.F.U.” (Save Me From You) was pretty good, and she just released a new video for the song “Bombs.” It has a pretty Amazonian-esque theme with tall women dancing very fast and very hard in a desert. Dawn is in the middle doing the same, and also shows up alone in a long black dress and a large head garment singing, strutting her stuff, swagging us the hell out and dancing.
Not going to lie, I couldn’t help but think of “Run the World (Girls)” by Beyoncé when it started. Sorry. And online, it seems that a lot of folks felt a bit similar–some more harsh than others:
“This video is a complete rip off of Run the World by Beyonce and you all know it there is nothing original here the dancing is a bit different but anyone with ears and eyes can she she is copying Bey’s vid Dawn should of done something totally different so there would not be comparisons…NEXT!”
“I am not of fan of this video and don’t understand the words to the song. I think she tried to have it like Beyonce’s video (Who runs the world) in my opinion. I am happy she has come into her own and wish her all success.”
I still love this chick and don’t think the whole thing is some sort of rip off, they just have similar themes, hence it coming to mind. But Bey isn’t the first person, and obviously she won’t be the last, to booty pop with a bunch of under-dressed women in the dessert. I was a bit distracted, but overall, I do like what I see, and I haven’t seen anybody dance that hard in a while. Somebody’s out here grinding! I respect that.
What about you? Check out both and let us know…
Are there real similarities?
More on Madame Noire!
- Shequoiya, Cordozar And Other Amusing Middle Names Of Black CelebsII
- The Fashion Police’s Most Wanted: 6 Celebrities Whose Style Should Be A Crime
- Chaka Khan, Angela Bassett And Other Celebs Create ‘Super Life’ Video In Trayvon Martin’s Memory
- Tami Roman Suffers Mild Heart Attack
- Would You Let A Man Upgrade You?
- Allen Iverson Says No To Divorce Because He’s Still Getting It On With His Wife
- Introducing Caviar Nails-The Next Nail Trent You’ll Be Beading + How-To Video
- Style To Steal or Girl, Stop: June Ambrose, La La Anthony & Adrienne Bailon”