All Articles Tagged "rich rappers"
From Black Voices
Super rapper Jay-Z and his recent comments regarding the Occupy movement are a great example of the unfortunate shift within the Hip-Hop culture from representing the poor and disenfranchised to essentially shunning them. In a New York Times Magazine profile the Jiggaman had this to say about the Occupy movement.
“What’s the thing on the wall, what are you fighting for? I’m not going to a park and picnic, I have no idea what to do, I don’t know what the fight is about. What do we want, do you know?”
Clearly Jay-Z is intelligent enough to know that the basic premise behind the Occupy movement is the disproportionate distribution of wealth in America and the excessive greed by Wall Street bankers, which is the primary catalyst for this country’s economic woes, particularly the growing poor class, both working and not. Not to mention that Jay-Z’s Rockafella clothing line began producing ‘Occupy Wall Street’ shirts and refused to donate any of the profits to the movement he was stealing from. The king of Hip-Hop is also the king of what’s wrong with Hip-Hop.
Read more at Black Voices
More on Madame Noire!
- Ask A Very Smart Brotha: Why Kim K. Pulls High Profile Men Despite Her Sexual Past
- Dangling Legs & 6 Other Short Girl Problems
- Age Ain’t Nothin’ But A Number: How I Learned That Finding Love Has No Expiration Date
- Knowing The Difference Between What A Man Puts You Through And What You Allow Him To Put You Through
- #RealTalk: The Reasons Why You Attract Douchebags
- Bet You Didn’t Know: Secrets Behind The Making of “Do The Right Thing”
- Life Is Not Good: Why Nas And Kelis Need To Get Back Together