All Articles Tagged "press conference"
If you follow Beyoncé on Instagram, you may have seen her ask her followers and fans to submit video questions about her self titled album under the hashtag #AskBeyonce. Well, she finally answered those questions in a release party and screening promoting the album on Saturday at the School of Visual Arts in New York. She addressed how she was able to keep everything secret, the trepidation she felt before releasing it and how she was able to be so sexually expressive on this record. Check out a few highlights and then watch the entire 11 min conference in the video below.
“I just got off the stage, it was 11:30 once I took off. I had a glass of wine and my cousin Angie was like, ‘Girl, are you alright?’ because I was talking to myself and I was terrified. I was so scared. I had already envisioned the worst things that could happen. I’m like ‘People, are going to hate it! Why didn’t I say anything?’ Audience gasps and what not.—No, it’s just things that we all go through. It’s just human.—And I was just really nervous because this was a huge risk. And when I landed I saw it actually live on iTunes and you’re waiting for the first comment. The next morning I just was… starts dancing and smiling. Thank you Lord.”
Her personal life and being so sexually expressive
“You know I’ve always been very generous on the stage. I took all of my pain, all of my joy and I performed, I used it in my performance. But I’m very private, I’m very respectful. And it just took me no longer being someone’s child, you know? Once I became a mother, I felt like I could tear down those fourth walls. I just felt like it was time. I completely feel liberated and I felt like I could no longer create my art for other people. So I just felt like it was time.”
Check out the video to see where the name Yoncé came from, breaking the rules and more.
Did you have any questions about the album? Did she answer them?
In an attempt to do a little damage control, Gerry Cahill, the CEO of the cruise company Carnival, said in a news conference yesterday that they’re doing what they can to make passengers aboard the ship stranded in the Gulf of Mexico as comfortable as possible.
“No one here from Carnival is happy about the conditions on board the ship,” quotes USA Today. “We obviously are very, very sorry about what is taking place.”
Conditions on the ship have been deteriorating, and the media has been there to report it. I’ve heard the TODAY show report on the status of the passengers on the boat (it’s called the Triumph), each morning this week, with people reporting toilets that don’t flush and high temperatures because of a lack of A/C, which make certain rooms without windows hot and stuffy.
USA Today continues:
Passengers on the 102,000-ton ship who have been able to reach relatives and news outlets have described overflowing toilets and a stench so bad that it was making some passengers sick.
“There’s water and feces all over the floor,” one of the passengers told her husband, Brian Nutt, in a call from the ship on Monday. “The whole ship stinks extremely badly.”
There are concerns that people can become sick as a result of the conditions.
The ship became stranded on Sunday after a fire knocked out its systems. A couple of passengers in need of medical attention have been evacuated. Mobile phone service has been intermittent. And fresh water and certain supplies have been delivered to the ship. Otherwise, passengers are waiting while Triumph is towed to Mobile, AL. It’s expected to reach the dock on Thursday. About 1,500 rooms in Mobile and New Orleans have been reserved for the rescued passengers. CNN says chartered flights will take passengers to Houston the following day in order to head home. There are about 4,000 people on board, including the crew.
Carnival has cancelled the next dozen trips on the Triumph.
Have you ever taken a cruise? Would you take one?
More on Madame Noire!
- Nicki Who? 7 Female MCs Who Could Be Coming For Nicki Minaj’s Spot
- Does Cohabitation Set A Bad Example?
- Think Like A Man Cast Tells Madame Noire Why Folks Need To See This Film
- Please, Baby Baby Baby, Please: 6 Things Men Say and Do When They Want You Back
- Tuesday Talk: Lamman Rucker Discusses Forplai, For Play And Foreplay
- NEW EPISODE: “Ask A Black Man” Episode 4: The Marriage Episode
- Just Like His Big Bro: Usher’s Little Brother Has Custody Drama
- The Pros And Cons Of Dating A Male Virgin
I don’t know if you heard the rumors that Rihanna and Ashton Kutcher supposedly have a thang going on but last week TMZ reported Rih Rih was creeping to his house way past midnight, i.e. there was a booty call in their midst.
Well yesterday one bold reporter decided to ask Rihanna about that rumor during a press conference in London to promote her new movie, “Battleship,” and all I know is the look on Rihanna’s face when the reporter asked if Ashton would be coming to London to visit her was absolutely priceless, as was her response:
“Wow, how disappointing was that question,” she said. [Pause for side-eye, flaring of the nostrils, and shaking of the head]
“I’m happy and I’m single, if that’s what you’re really asking.” [Insert subtle eye roll]
So was that a no?
To be fair, Rihanna seemed like she wasn’t in the mood for any type of questions at the press event but that reporter clearly set her off. It does Rihanna no justice to simply relay her reaction so check out the video here and see for yourself. What do you think about her response?
Brande Victorian is a blogger and culture writer in New York City. Follower her on Twitter at @be_vic.
More on Madame Noire!
- Shequoiya, Cordozar And Other Amusing Middle Names Of Black Celebs
- The Fashion Police’s Most Wanted: 6 Celebrities Whose Style Should Be A Crime
- Chaka Khan, Angela Bassett And Other Celebs Create ‘Super Life’ Video In Trayvon Martin’s Memory
- Tami Roman Suffers Mild Heart Attack
- Would You Let A Man Upgrade You?
- Allen Iverson Says No To Divorce Because He’s Still Getting It On With His Wife
- Introducing Caviar Nails-The Next Nail Trent You’ll Be Beading + How-To Video
- Style To Steal or Girl, Stop: June Ambrose, La La Anthony & Adrienne Bailon”
Well, some of us got our wish. Just yesterday we were wondering why President Barack Obama hadn’t made a statement about the murder of Trayvon Martin. While some argued that this was a matter the president shouldn’t speak on, others cited the fact that he reached out to Sandra Fluke after Rush Limbaugh called her “sl*t.” Up until yesterday the White House had remained silent.
But just this morning the President hosted a press conference in which he cautiously and thoughtfully addressed the ongoing case.
The president said, “I think all of us have to do some soul searching to figure out how does something like this happen.”
But he said his main message was for Trayvon’s parents.
Watch the video below
More on Madame Noire!
- Where Are They Now? The Cast of “Living Single”
- Ask A Very Smart Brotha Live: Herpes Bingo & False Hope
- I’m a BIG Kid Now: 8 Signs You’ve Finally Grown Up…
- The Black Snob Sounds Off: The 7 Kinds of Men Who Make Life Miserable For Everyone
- She’s a Bad Mama Jama: Our Celebrity Girl Crushes
- Skincare Q&A: Uneven Skin Tone, Shrinking Pores and Blackheads
- Stepmom or Stepmonster? Marrying a Man With Kids
- He Had That Masculine Thing DOWN: 8 Mannish R&B Singers