All Articles Tagged "Pound the Alarm"
We just paid tribute to all the Trinidadian celebs out there doing big things and almost on cue, Nicki Minaj dropped the video for her new Carnivale-themed track, “Pound The Alarm” that clearly reps her Trini roots. The video will take you back to Rihanna’s Barbados parade days as Nicki and a group of ladies hit the streets decked out in feathers and jeweled two-pieces doing exactly what the chorus says. If a pop song you can dutty wine too is your forte, this might be your summer jam.
On a totally different sound wave, is Miguel’s new video for his song “Adorn.” Let me just say, this man knows how to sing to a woman. The track is a new spin on the original song from his “Art Dealer Chic: Vol 1″ mixtape and will no doubt build crazy anticipation for his upcoming sophomore album, “Kaleidoscopic Dream.” Miguel is releasing two previews before its October 2 release, and the first part, ”Kaleidoscopic Dream” Water” drops today. If you like “Adorn,” you’ll probably want to check it out. But for now here’s the video.
So, do you give these videos a pass or play?
More on Madame Noire!
- Komon Ou Ye? 9 Of Our Favorite Celebs of Haitian Descent (And A Few Surprises Of Course!)
- Breaking Down the Point of a Protective Hairstyle: What Exactly Should You Be Protecting?
- When Famous Stars Play Famous People: Who Killed It On-Screen And Who Was A Mess?
- If It’s Broke, Fix It: Why Some Friendships Are Worth Sticking Out
- Consider This: Put The Odds In Your Favor And Date The Next Guy You Meet
- Shoe Shine: Must-Have Metallic Sandals and Pumps
By Shamika Sanders
Nicki Minaj spent the fourth of July reveling in Trinidad with a full crowd of enthusiastic fans for the video to her next single “Pound The Alarm.”
“Just wrapped an amazing video on an amazing island. #Trinidad #poundthealarm,” tweeted Nicki. “The heat in Trinidad is on another level.
Read more at hellobeautiful.com
More on Madame Noire!
- Party of One Please: Things I’ve Learned To Enjoy By Myself
- MN Exclusive: Warryn & Erica Campbell On How They Met, Their Family and Managing To Work Together
- You Are Not The Father! The Most Memorably Ratchet Moments From The Maury Povich Show
- Drop The Flat Iron Like It’s Hot: Summer Hairstyles To Help You Beat the Heat
- And They Say Only Black Women are Bitter? Why Bitter Black Men Need To Have a Seat…Several
- Stop Arguing About Dumb Stuff! How I Learned To Keep The Peace In My Relationship
- Old Habits Die Hard: Learning Not To Dim My Light So Others Can Feel Like They’re Shining