All Articles Tagged "photo shoot"
What ‘Chu Say Boo? Caption This Pic Of Ashanti’s Pefectly Made Up, ‘Look At My Pelvic Bone While I Pretend To Sleep,’ Pose
I’d like to believe Ashanti isn’t as thirsty as she appears to be in this Instagram pic she posted a few days ago, but as they say the proof is in the puddin’ — or in this case, the picture — and you could build an entire Supreme Court case on the evidence of thirstiness that exists in this pic she wants us to believe is a candid.
The singer, who is spending more time on her acting game than she is music, posted this recent pic saying she was “Trying to catch these last Z’s b4 this photoshoot… #ArmyWives” Yeah, because we all sleep with our faces perfectly made up with our hands in our crop-top shirt pockets like the throwback high school locker poses of the ’80s, and our pants down below our pelvic bone showing off our perfectly crafted abdominals, all while upright. Girl, who do you think you’re foolin’?! We know good and well some assistant was called to snap this pic and as soon as the shutter went off, Ashanti “woke up” and IG’d this photo.
We know you’re back on the market Ashanti, but this is not the way to make somebody jealous. It actually may make them happy they don’t have to deal with such a thirstball anymore. But shout out to those abs though!
Caption this pic of Ashanti and please tell us what’s really going on here because it ain’t sleeping.
*Waits for the bandwagon fans to start running back*
If you ever doubted that D’Angelo would get back into tip-top shape, both musically and physically, kick yourself. In his first real magazine spread since he last did press for the Voodoo album, D’Angelo is looking as he should: a little older, but a lot of fine. Despite the shocking mugshots we were exposed to after his run-ins with the law over the last few years (my corneas still burn), these few images today of the man behind the neo-soul music we bumped so hard are definitely pleasing to the eye. Thanks GQ!
The singer gets all suit and tie fresh on us for the shoot, and even gives us a bit of that wonderful gaze (and those lips!) that we like to see. I could do without the cigarette in the first shot, but it’s not something I would kick him out of the bed for (as long as he didn’t bring the cigarette into the bed…). As you can tell, I’m glad he’s looking delicious, but I’m more glad to hear the new music he plans to drop soon. His few features on songs with folks like Common and Q-Tip, as well as his own song “I Found My Smile Again” during his reclusive period were nice, but I need an album, boo! Until we can get that in stores, don’t forget that D will be a headliner at this year’s Essence Fest, so you’ll have a chance to see this brown sugar in real time and jam like it’s 1995 again. Pick up the June issue of GQ to get your fix of this beautiful man, and find out what he has to say about the music industry, and how the “Untitled (How Does It Feel?)” video hurt him as a musician. Here’s a quick excerpt courtesy of the illustrious men’s magazine that is GQ:
“One time I got mad when a female threw money at me onstage, and that made me feel like f-cked-up, and I threw the money back at her. I was like, ‘I’m not a stripper.’”
On the last day of the eight-month tour, Questlove says D’Angelo told him, “Yo, man, I cannot wait until this f-cking tour is over. I’m going to go in the woods, drink some hooch, grow a beard, and get fat.” Questlove thought he was joking. “I was like, ‘You’re a funny guy.’ And then it started to happen.That’s how much he wanted to distance himself.”
What do you think of D’Angelo’s look? Still got it or no thanks?
More on Madame Noire!
- Final Cut! Celebs We Haven’t Seen Since The Ax Came Down!
- Decoding Your Downstairs: 8 Things Women Need To Know About Their Va Jay Jay
- Got A What?! Yo, Gotta Get A Ruffneck! Cutie Pie Celebs Who’ve Been Around The Block
- How I Learned To Stop Giving Boyfriends Husband Privileges
- Who’s Going To Be The One To Tell Chelsea Her Jokes On Black Women Just Aren’t Funny?
- WOMAN to WOMAN: The Good in Goodbye
- LIP SERVICE: Lipsticks That Will Light Up Your Lips! – EDITOR PICKS
What kind of childhood would a kid have without their own website? A pretty horrible one by Hollywood standards. Little Monroe and Morrocan Cannon have one (Dembabies.com), and on it, mom and dad shared some new pics of the growing twins and their happy family. In the first photo, mom and dad are chilling in their convertible (with the “M” for Mariah on the seats…and her signature butterfly) while the kiddies sit (and stand) in their laps. They’re getting so big!
And in the second picture, the twins are having playtime in a pile of toilet paper. On paper, it sounds gross, but in photo shoot form, it’s adorable! If you don’t agree, then we can’t be looking at the same picture. Check it out!
Yep, Roc and Roe are definitely growing up fast and looking a lot like mom and dad. Seems the parentals are getting them started early in the business with these cute little photoshoots and lavish parties. I’m sure they’ll be little superstars in no time…
More on Madame Noire!
- “Would We Still Back Barack Obama if He Were Married to a White Woman?”
- “Messy: Terrell Owens Confronts Baby Mommas on Dr. Phil”
- “Check Ya Vocals: 7 Songs That Would’ve Sounded Better If Someone Else Sang Them”
- “2012 Met Costume Institute Gala: Beyoncé, Rihanna & More Show Out On The Red Carpet”
- You Can Do Better: Your Standards Are Too Low If You Accept These 6 Things
- “How Far Can Swag Take You? An Analysis of the Rick Ross Appeal”
- “Phil Mushnick (And Those Who Agree With Him), Tell Us Why You’re Really Mad at Jay-Z”
Another day, another opportunity to highlight a celebrity’s beautiful child. I know you remember Corrine Bishop, the daughter of Jamie Foxx. She was the little girl walking arm in arm with him on red carpets after his star power blew up post-Ray and his Academy Award win. Well, she’s not so little anymore! Now an 18-year-old, Corrine, like many celeb kids, is trying to get her foot in the door, but not in the door of music or acting (well, at least not yet…). Instead, she’s getting her model on for a photo shoot, and thanks to the good folks at BlackCelebKids.com, we’ve got photos to share from it.
I don’t see a whole lot of Jamie on her face like that, but Bishop is indeed a beauty! Those eyes are gorgeous, and she’s giving the camera a lot of fierce-ness without being too over-the-top, under-dressed or provocative. She better work! We’re thinking she will have a long career ahead of her, but what do you think? Check out the photos below!
More on Madame Noire!
- True Life: I Experienced Racism When…
- Spring Hair Trend Alert: Which Celebs Rocked Ombre Tresses Right, And Who Did It Wrong?
- Printed Pants: Fab Style Or Fashion Faux Pas?
- 6 Things That Should Not Be Distractions While At Work
- Love and Baby Bumps: Yandy Finally Confirms Pregnancy
- NEW MN WEB SERIES: “Ask A Black Man” Episode 3: The SEX Episode
- Raw Reality TV Preview: RHOA Three-Part Reunion
- Cuteness: Louis Bullock (Sandra’s Son) & The Game’s Daughter Cali Get Adorable for The Camera
Cute kid alert! Or I guess Reginae Carter isn’t really a kid anymore, she’s a teenager! And now that she’s getting older, moms has her out there taking promotional photos for a possible acting career. Recently Toya tweeted photos of 13-year-old Reginae as she cheesed it up and posed for a photo shoot. She said, “My princess getting her makeup done by @lovejenmakeup for acting demo and website. #superstarinthemaking[sic].” Hey, if Master P’s daughter Cymphonique could get a Nickelodeon TV show, this young lady better start getting herself prepared for stardom!
Through the photos, she seems to look exactly like Toya, but I do see Weezy in the eyes! Outside of acting, the teen is also doing music (she did have a short stint in the OMG Girlz with Tiny’s daughter Zonnique). She has teamed up with friend Lourdes “Lolo” Rodriguez and made the group, Nae Nae and Lolo, and they’re signed to YMCMB. Cute! Make that money early…
More on Madame Noire!
- 7 Ways He Wants You To Be Better Than His Last Girlfriend
- The Simmons Family (Including Ex-Wife Valerie Vaughn) Pose For Ebony’s Mother’s Day Issue
- “Ask A Black Man” Episode 2: The Dating Episode
- Sheree’s $750K Salary Demand Likely Got Her Cut
- Stripper Vanity Wonder Writes Book On Undercover Butt Shots Culture
- Columnist Fired For Article On What White Parents Should Tell Kids About Blacks
- Am I Raising a Spoiled Brat?
- Beyonce, Jay-Z & Blue Ivy Head to St. Barts
MOTHER’S DAY!? I know, we’re not even far from Easter and deep in April and folks are already prepping us for another big holiday. But I just had to share this very wonderful photo from Ebony‘s upcoming Mother’s Day issue (courtesy of Rev Run’s Twitter) that features all the kids, and both Rev Run’s current wife Justine, and his ex-wife, Valerie Vaughn. Vaughn is, of course, the mother of Vanessa, Angela and JoJo. She made an appearance or two on the show, Run’s House, but for the most part, she tried to stay M.I.A. from all of that. But I can now see where the girls get their good looks from!
In the photo op, her three babies stand around her, while Diggy, Russy (who is really growing up!) and daughter Miley all crowd around Justine (for those who didn’t remember, they adopted Miley near the end of the show). I wanted to share the photo because I was digging all the blended family love and I was also digging the fact that these ladies were more than happy to sit together for this photo (well, at least I’m assuming they were). Sets a great example for folks out here bickering with new wives, etc. Check out this spread and more when the Ebony issue drops on April 17. Better start figuring out what you’re going to get moms this time around…
More on Madame Noire!
- Nip & Tuck: Women Who Slipped Their Plastic Surgery By Us
- There Goes the Neighborhood: 8 Ratchet Things You See When The Temperature Rises
- Convenience or True Love: Which Is Your Relationship Made Of?
- MAD MEN: Male Celebrities Who Always Look So Mean!
- Real Love: Weird Signs Of A Good Relationship
- You Can’t Handle The Truth! Things Men Lie About To Spare Our Feelings
- 7 Ways to Encourage Yourself
- Watch Your Mouth! Things You Should Never Say To Your Man