All Articles Tagged "Patrick Lanzo"
They say anything goes in the south and it appears that includes putting the n-word on a public sign.
Georgia Peach Oyster Bar Owner Patrick Lanzo is back in headlines for a more than controversial sign he has displayed in front of his establishment. As if anyone was wondering, he decided to let onlookers know, I do not support the n***** in the White House.” Don’t worry though, his use of the n-word isn’t racist or anything.
“I’ve used it most of my life,” Lanzo told Atlanta’s Fox 5, speaking of the n-word. “There are different ways to put your opinion up, but that’s just the words I choose.
“I say just because you’re offended by it doesn’t mean you don’t have the right to say something just the opposite,” “I don’t feel bad about anything whatsoever. Therefore, they can go out and put their own sign in their own yard and I will not be offended.”
This is not the first time the bigot, I mean man, posted a racial slur outside of his spot which he considers a “Klan bar.” In 2009, residents were outraged when he posted a sign that read, “Obama’s plan for health-care: n***** rig it.” The choice of the n-word was just Lanzo’s way of being creative, he claimed as he was adamant the sign was a simple health care protest and entirely non-racist.
Despite the NAACP protests and outrage the sign has caused, Paulding County officials in Georgia can’t do much about it under freedom of speech protections. As troubling as it would be to go past the sign every day, I think this display is just one of those overtly delusional demonstrations of ignorance that you almost just think let this fool be, there are bigger fish to fry. SMH.
Brande Victorian is a blogger and culture writer in New York City. Follower her on Twitter at @be_vic.
More on Madame Noire!
- True Life: I Was Dating a Man With a Secret…
- Who Gon’ Check Me, Boo?: Annoying Things You Should Check Your Friends About
- It’s The Most Ratchet Time of the Year: The Ugliest Prom Dresses of All Time
- Wonder What It Was Like To Date A Young Obama? 2 Ex-Girlfriends Reveal All
- Don’t Play With Me: 6 Things You Don’t Joke About With Black Women
- When Dining Goes Bad: Family Locked In Restaurant When They Refuse To Tip
- Patience is a Virtue: An Open Letter To My Future Husband