All Articles Tagged "parents and addiction"
By Wendy Kay
Sometimes the truth hurts, but it also sets you free to choose to act differently. The truth also gives you the freedom to get help when you know help is available. Addiction is not a pretty disease and it affects the entire family.
Children are the victims of the alcoholic or addicted parent. Imagine being a child whose parent is more interested in a substance than caring for and raising you. Imagine the inappropriate behaviors and responses in daily life of the person who is under the influence of a mind-altering chemical. The child doesn’t know what is real or right.
The child knows what anger and sadness are. She also knows what neglect and abandonment are through physical and/or emotional absence. They witness lying, violence, aggression, desperation and worse. They know what hurt and pain feel like and what it’s like to be alone is like. Children are the true victims of living in the chaotic dysfunction brought on by addiction.
More on Madame Noire!
- Just a Thought, Maybe More People Would Try Online Dating If The Ads Weren’t So Corny
- Ask A Very Smart Brotha Live: He Cheated When I Was 3 Wks Pregnant, Should I Forgive Him?
- Good Sex, Are You Having It? The Importance of Communication In The Bedroom
- MN Exclusive: Tempestt Bledsoe Talks New Show, Men who Make Less & Natural Hair
- So What If I Don’t Cook? This Is For Women Who Aren’t Obsessed With What Men Want In A Wife
- Relaxed & Real, Episode 1: From Daytime To Evening
- 8 Things We Want To Tell Our Potential Suitors: The First Date No No’s For Men