All Articles Tagged "Occoquan"
It’s not every day that you get the chance to meet the First Lady of the United States but Sydney Trapp took full advantage of her opportunity when Michelle Obama visited Mom’s Apple Pie Company in Occoquan, VA, yesterday.
Initially, the 6-year-old seemed to be running away from the first lady when she entered the small shop but what she was really doing was grabbing her violin to play what I think was a quick snippet of “Gloria in excelsis Deo.” Mrs. Obama told the young girl she was “awesome” and her mother had the smartphone running to capture the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity first-hand.
Check out the clip of the sweet moment here.
Brande Victorian is a blogger and culture writer in New York City. Follower her on Twitter at @be_vic.
More on Madame Noire!
- Where Are They Now? Kids From a Few of Our Favorite Black TV Shows
- MN Exclusive: Kesha Nichols Dishes on Tami’s Apology, Dating a Show Producer, and How Editing Works on Reality TV
- True Life: What’s The Best Comeback You Had For A Man Who Hit On You On The Street?
- Where You Been Cherie Johnson? Part II
- Just Out Of Curiosity, Are You Over President Obama?
- The Thrill is Gone: 7 TV Shows That Need To Call It Quits…Like Yesterday
- Boy, Please: 8 Signs You’ll Just Never Be Into Him