All Articles Tagged "Nutrisystem"
More than ever, celebrities are cashing in on weight loss endorsements. And at some point, I’m sure you’ve all witnessed the countless weight loss advertisements featuring African-American celebrities, with Jennifer Hudson (Weight Watchers),Janet Jackson (NutriSystem), and Mariah Carey(Jenny Craig) being the most recent additions. While, I’m happy at the increase of African-American endorsements and health awareness I’m skeptical as to whether or not these advertisements are giving off the right impression. Are weight loss programs (such as Weight Watcher’s, Nutrisystem, and Jenny Craig) enough to obtain a Hollywood figure?
For the skinny, visit BlackVoices.com.
More on Madame Noire!
- Hair Do’s and Don’ts According to the Fellas
- Intuition or Evidence: 6 Signs He Has A Chick On The Side
- Better Off Unwed: Couples Who Have Happily Kept A Ring Off Of It
- On To The Next! Women Who Found New Love In The Nick of Time…
- In Between The Sheets: Things All Women Are Insecure About In Bed
- WEEKEND WRAP-UP: Kevin Hart’s (Ex) Wife Not Acting Like A Lady + MORE!
- 6 Things You Can Stop Worrying About Doing For Your Man
- FLASHING LIGHTS! Couples Who Love To Flaunt Their Love
When Janet Jackson first signed on to be Nutrisystem’s new spokeswoman, she appeared to have fallen off of her trim and toned wagon but in a new ad campaign being rolled out for the weight loss program, it looks like the famous singer has gotten right back on.
On Monday, a new commercial will debut with Janet in a high-waisted black pant showing off the tiny midsection she’s been known for during most of her adult singing career, and by the end of the month, print campaigns will roll out featuring the petite 45-year-old in a fitted orange dress showing off the results of “getting on it”–her Nutrisystem tagline.
In December, the company said Janet had lost 10 pounds in a little more than a month, but she’s keeping her results on the hush.
“I’m not viewing this as a diet,” she told USA TODAY‘s Nanci Hellmich during that time. “I’m not putting a number on it. I don’t look at the scale. I’m going about it in a different way this time.”
Janet added that she doesn’t need to lose “a great amount,” and that she would stop “when I feel good about it,” judging from this new campaign that time is now.
Check out Janet’s new commercial here. Does this make you want to try Nutrisystem?
Brande Victorian is a blogger and culture writer in New York City. Follower her on Twitter at @be_vic.
More on Madame Noire!
- True Life: If I Could Talk to My Younger Self, I’d Say…
- Back to the Drawing Board: 9 Black Films That Were Disappointing…
- Ask a Very Smart Brotha: Waiting on a Ring & Rolling With Frenemies
- SMH: Scorned Lover Posts Nude Pics Of Ex Around Town After Breakup
- 9 Celebs Who Tried The Half-Shaved Hairstyle: Who Made it Fierce and Who Failed?
- I Just Want To Thank Your Parents: Fathers and Mothers of The Most Beautiful Brothers
- Beauty Bests For Belles On A Budget
- Where Are They Now? The Cast and Character of “Martin”