All Articles Tagged "Nicki Minaj American Idol Judge"
I know you all have to be as sick of the new “American Idol” judge rumors as I am, but this time it’s not just a “somebody reached out to them” story, word is this is really happening.
Two sources have confirmed to Us Weekly that Nicki Minaj will join Mariah Carey on the judging panel for the show’s next season. Crazy, right? One insider said:
“I’m not sure the deal is completely done yet, but yes, she is definitely doing it, a few more slight things to sign off on but it is happening.”
Another source said:
”100% confirmed to judge American Idol.”
I’m sure the Barbz are jumping up in down in their pink wigs right now, but this is surprising news to me. Nicki is a huge hip-pop star right now, so it’s clear Fox’s head is in the right place and is pulling out all stops to make sure “Idol” doesn’t take a back seat to “The Voice” or “X Factor.” But Nicki and Mimi on one stage? That is a lot of personality. I’m also curious how much Nicki will take in for this gig, given Mariah’s been confirmed at $17 million. Regardless, it does look like we’re getting a lot closer to having an all-black “American Idol” season this next time around. Gotta love that.
Thoughts on Nicki Minaj becoming a judge?
More on Madame Noire!
- I’m Gonna Call It Like I See It: Celebs With No Filter
- Beauty On A Budget: 8 Delicious Drugstore Products You Can’t Live Without
- Secret Lover: Signs He May Be Hiding Something From You
- All The Single Ladies! Grown and Gorgeous Celebs Who Are Single and Satisfied!
- Why I Wish We Would Stop Advising Black Women To Date Outside The Race
- Why I Love Working With Black Women
- Because a Mind is a Terrible Thing to Waste: Celebs Who Attended Ivy League Universities