All Articles Tagged "news station"
Remember when the video of Antonine Dodson warning people to hide their loved ones was all the rage on the internet? Well, Oklahoma’s Sweet Brown might be coming for that coveted crown. It just so happened that a fire broke out in Sweet’s neighborhood and she was the person the news team wanted to speak with for their 40-something second package. I could describe how the interview went down, but it’s probably best if you just watch Sweet tell it in her own words.
Now for the analysis. We all know that network television is a business and there is certainly money to be made by featuring subjects who play into stereotypes. Sweet fits that bill to a tee. She’s wearing a headwrap, smiling to expose gold teeth and speaking in the type of ebonics one wouldn’t typically associate with Oklahoma. Those stereotypes aside though, I cannot help watching this video, over and over again. The light in her eyes, the cackle at the end as she describes her ailment and the way she pronounces “fire,” fahhhr absolutely slays me. In the past few hours, I’ve watched Sweet’s video more than I ever watched Antoine. Am I wrong? Perhaps, but it still doesn’t take away from the fact that I find this video nothing short of hilarious.
What do you think, is Sweet more embarrassing than entertaining?
More on Madame Noire!
- Women Who Get/Got Too Into Their Men
- The New Dating Norms: 6 Big Changes In The Dating Game
- You’re Just Not That Into It: Signs That Your Job Isn’t For You
- Madames Who Acted Like Ladies, But Thought Like Men
- Kandi Says Beef With Marlo Almost Turned RHOA Reunion Into A Different Kind Of Show
- Growing Up Fast: Toya and Lil Wayne’s Daughter Reginae Gets Dolled Up For Photo Shoot
- RHOA Salaries Exposed: They’re All Making Bank!
- Cartoon Has a Message for Black Women