All Articles Tagged "N***er Brown Pants"
Abercrombie & Fitch is no stranger to controversy, but their drama is usually about half-naked prepubescents not race matters. According to the preppy clothing giant that’s because it has nothing to do with this latest scandal.
Yesterday, the above screenshot of A&F’s cargo pants available in n***er brown popped up on the Internet and immediately set people off. Luckily, it seemed too ridiculous to be true, and in a way it is. The site isn’t Abercrombie’s official website, it’s abercrombie-and-fitchoutlet.com, one of several impostor sites that sells Abercrombie-like knock-offs. According to Styleite, the fake website was registered to a Hong Kong email address and Gawker says the use of the N-word was likely due to a poor Chinese-English translation program.
Just to be sure no one blames the real Abercrombie and Fitch for this, the company made this declaration:
“We do not condone racist language. This is a counterfeit website and we have initiated legal proceedings to shut it down.”
A&F’s legal team moves fast; abercrombie-and-fitchoutlet.com has already been shut down along with any chance of buying these brown cargo knock-offs. If only we could shut down real racism that quickly.
Brande Victorian is a blogger and culture writer in New York City. Follower her on Twitter at @be_vic.
More on Madame Noire!
- Where Are They Now? The Cast of “Living Single”
- Ask A Very Smart Brotha Live: Herpes Bingo & False Hope
- I’m a BIG Kid Now: 8 Signs You’ve Finally Grown Up…
- The Black Snob Sounds Off: The 7 Kinds of Men Who Make Life Miserable For Everyone
- She’s a Bad Mama Jama: Our Celebrity Girl Crushes
- Skincare Q&A: Uneven Skin Tone, Shrinking Pores and Blackheads
- Stepmom or Stepmonster? Marrying a Man With Kids
- He Had That Masculine Thing DOWN: 8 Mannish R&B Singers