All Articles Tagged "neo soul singer Ledisi"
By Alexis Garrett Stodghill
Ledisi is a neo soul singer who has risen to prominence through hard work, determination and believing in her talent. The multiple Grammy nominee might grace grand stages today — performing in spaces as dignified as the White House or as funky as the Essence Music Festival — but the songwriter and natural hair icon had to struggle to find the inner center that would become the foundation of her achievement. The star’s new book, Better Than Alright: Finding Peace, Love & Power, is a love letter to her fans and an interactive inspiration tome to all women (and men) who seek to empower themselves using the same tools that enabled Ledisi to become a breakout sensation. The powerhouse vocal diva, who has been compared to Tina Turner in terms of her vitality — and Ella Fitzgerald for her vocal range — sat down with theGrio to discuss how readers of her first book can find ”Peace, Love & Power” through loving their natural selves.
For the full interview visit thegrio.com
More on Madame Noire!
- Where Are They Now? Flavor of Love, Reader’s Request Edition
- The Blackest Eye: Tales of the Light Skinned Girl Who Wanted to Be Darker
- Cute Kid Alert: Fantasia Debuts Her Son, Dallas, Lil Wayne’s Son With Nivea, And A Lot More
- Choose Your Battles: Why Do Some Black Folks Snap On Customer Service Workers Over Petty Things?
- My Life: Taught To Have Brains In The “Absence” of Beauty
- When Keeping It Real Goes Right & Wrong: Celebs Who We Like More And Less After Doing Reality TV
- Single Black Male: 7 Reasons Black Men Take Longer to Put a Ring On It