All Articles Tagged "National Promotions & Advertising"
Poor Toni, it seems the singer can never get a break when it comes to her finances. TMZ is reporting that she’s being sued for $57,000 for failing to uphold her end of an advertising contract related to her and her sister’s reality show, the “Braxton Family Values.”
A company called National Promotions & Advertising filed the lawsuit in L.A. County Superior Court, claiming it entered into an agreement last year with the producers of Braxton’s WEtv reality show — including Braxton herself — to promote the show’s 2nd Season.
According to the lawsuit, NPA agreed to post 4,300 “BFV” posters around the country in exchange for a fat paycheck — $57,322.29.
NPA claims it completed its end of the bargain in November — days before the premiere of the show’s second season — but Braxton and her producing partners didn’t pony up.
NPA says it’s been trying to get paid ever since … in vain … and now, it’s suing for its money … plus damages.
I actually didn’t realize Toni was even a producer of the “Braxton Family Values” but even so, her rep insists that she is not involved in marketing budgets or payables for the series, and that the issues in this lawsuit are completely WEtv’s responsibility. Hopefully that’s true for the sake of Toni’s wallet.
Brande Victorian is the news and operations editor for madamenoire.com. Follow her on twitter @Be_Vic.
More on Madame Noire!
- Things That Freak Me Out: Men Who Pretend to Be Perfect
- Reality TV Repeat Offenders: 8 People Who’ve Been On Multiple Reality Shows
- Jasmine Diaz, Founder of the Shawn Mackenzi Agency, On the Business of Matchmaking
- “You’ll Find Love When You Stop Looking” And Other Advice To Ignore
- Cut It Out! The Ridiculous Discussion Surrounding Gabby Douglas’ Hair
- Did You Know They Dated? Part II: 11 MORE Surprising Secret Lovers and Boos We Didn’t Know About
- Where Are They Now: The Men of “I Love New York 1 & 2″