All Articles Tagged "movie roles"
Diana Ross Does Not Want Tyler Perry Reaching Out and Touching Her, Singer Refuses To Answer His Calls
Tyler Perry has made a lot of dreams come true but one he can’t seem to make happen is his childhood wish of working with the legendary Diana Ross. That’s because the Motown singer wants nothing to do with him.
In an interview with Essence.com, Tyler said:
“She’s been ignoring me for years. She’s the only person that I have dreamed of working with that will not return my phone calls.”
The rags-to-riches director did say she spoke to him once, but “That was it, she never called me again. She said, ‘No!’ And that was it.”
Diana is hardcore.
Essence asked whether flexing his superstar inner circle muscle and being friends with Oprah helps his case at all. His answer? Not so much.
“Not when it comes to Diana Ross,” he joked. “You can be friends with Obama, Oprah, Trump — that is Diana Ross! So, no.”
I don’t really see what kind of part TP could carve out for the legendary “Boss” and perhaps she doesn’t either which is why she doesn’t want to be bothered. I’m sure we could come up with a million speculative reasons as to why she’s turning him down but the bottom line is she doesn’t appear to be anywhere close to changing her mind.
Would you want to see these two work together?
More on Madame Noire!
- Might Don’t Make It: Why I Quit a New Job I Hated
- “Ho*s Be Winning!” 8 People Who Became Overnight Celebrities For Being Scandalous
- Not Just Another Bullying Victim: Why Does Karen Klein Matter So Much to Us?
- B**** Bad, Woman Good, Lady Better: Lupe Fiasco Gets the Bad Beyotch Meme Right
- How Important Is The Ring?
- Bet You Didn’t Know: Secrets Behind The Making of School Daze
- They’ve Got a Story To Tell: Celebs Who Went From Top Ramen to Top Dollar