All Articles Tagged "Malaysia"
Last night, VH1 closed the chapter on the second season of “Basketball Wives LA,” and though most of the dirt was dished out on part 1 of the reunion special that aired last Monday, there were quite a few random details that got exposed last night. The drama mainly centered on Laura and Jackie, and their reactions to this past season confirmed they’re even more cooky than we originally thought. Check out the highlights.
Though the second season of Basketball Wives LA wasn’t as entertaining as viewers — and VH1– had hoped, the reunion definitely kept quite a few people’s attention last night. Just when we thought we knew everything there was to know about the seven basketball wives, sidepieces, jumpoffs, girlfriends, groupies, and video vixens, they turned around and exposed some interesting secrets during part 1 of the 2-part reunion. Let’s just say we will be tuning in next Monday to tie up the rest of these loose ends. Check out the craziest things we learned during last night’s reunion.
From Necole Bitchie
Just when you thought you’ve seen just about everything…
Basketball Wives LA star Malaysia Pargo has created a new way to really keep your man on lock while ensuring that women know that he is ‘MARRIED’. As you may remember on the first season of Basketball Wives LA, Malaysia partnered with Jason of Beverly Hills to launch, Three Beats, a luxury jewelry brand with an initial focus on jewelry for kids. Shortly, after its launch the demand grew and women were asking for an adult line so Malaysia decided to develop something new; a wedding band that brands ‘Married’ on your finger.
More on Madame Noire!
- Starlets, Unsung: 7 Stories Of Lesser Known Black Women
- There’s Just Something About R. Kelly: Can We Hate The Sin, And Not The Sinner?
- Fear And Other Things: 14 Unhealthy Reasons To Stay In A Relationship
- Forget Bandz! 7 Things That Will REALLY Make Her Dance”
- We Love You Essence, But We’re Going To Need You To Get Some New Cover Subjects
- Catty! Nicki Minaj Cusses Mariah Carey Out On American Idol Set
- Caught Up In College: A Cuffing Season Tale
A new face seen hanging with the crew of “Basketball Wives LA” this weekend will be a permanent one on the set of the reality TV show during the second season. We already knew at least one or two ladies would be added to the cast since Metta World Peace’s wife Kimsha went MIA after about two episodes, as did Tanya Williams, and VH1 confirmed that the new person is Brooke Bailey.
Keeping with the trend of not having actual wives on the show, Brooke is not married. I’m not even sure she’s in a relationship, because according to Sister 2 Sister, she sounds more like a former sidepiece.
“[I]t’s her affiliation with NBA baller Rashard Lewis that likely qualifies her to co-star on “Basketball Wives: L.A.,” they wrote.
“Back in 2010, Brooke was accused of coming between Rashard and his girlfriend, who was pregnant with his child at the time. While Rashard may have been discreet about his dealings with Brooke, she’s said to have been quite overt, sitting on the sidelines at games to root for her man.”
Considering the way the cast came at Draya when they first met her, Brooke likely didn’t receive a warm welcome to the group, although from the looks of photos during her birthday pool party at the Bikini Swim Club in Los Angeles, they appear to all be buddy-buddy at this point. All that’s known about Brooke is she is a video model who previously appeared on E!’s reality show “Candy Girls” back in 2009. She’s also appeared in music videos by 50 Cent, Lil Wayne, Mims, Akon, and Rich Boy. So yeah, Draya 2.0.
One person who’s missing from the photo above is Imani Showalter, and according to VH1′s blog she’s reportedly not returning to the show. Three ladies down and one new replacement? Maybe less girls will mean less drama. What do you think?
More on Madame Noire!
- Bet You Didn’t Know: Secrets Behind the Making of “Waiting to Exhale”
- Know Your Shape: The Best Hair Cuts For Every Face
- The Silent Killer: HPV Do You Have It?
- Evening Eye Candy: Maxwell
- You Know You Wrong For That! 6 Lies We Tell Our Girlfriends
- Single Black Male: Should Women Still Expect Men to Pay for Dates?
- NEVER STOP, NEVER GIVE UP: 7 Things You Should Never Stop Doing For A Woman
Erykah Badu was scheduled to perform at a concert in Kuala Lumpur tomorrow night, but when Malaysian officials came across an image of the singer’s body art, which includes the Arabic word for Allah on her shoulder, they shut her event down, saying Erykah isn’t a suitable role model for young Malaysians who are mostly Muslim.
Information Minister Rais Yatim said in a statement that government officials forbid Erykah’s concert because her body art is “an insult to Islam and a very serious offense.” He added that the photo of the artwork, which appeared in Malaysia’s most widely read English-language daily, The Star, “triggered public criticism that could jeopardize national security and cause a negative impact to the government’s image.”
Because Erykah was already in Malaysia, government officials said that she can stay as a tourist but will not be allowed to perform. Razman Razali, managing director of the show’s Malaysian organizer, Pineapple Concerts, told Reuters Erykah is “worried and dismayed” and said his company hopes the decision will be reversed.
Do you think Erykah still has a chance of performing?
Brande Victorian is a blogger and culture writer in New York City. Follower her on Twitter at @be_vic.
More on Madame Noire!
- Is It Okay to NOT Shampoo Your Hair? And 6 Foods That Make Great Conditioners
- Run That Back!:10 Albums That Shaped Me
- Let it Go, Let it Flow: 7 People You Should Pick Your Battles With
- Love & Life Lessons I Learned From “Love & Basketball”
- 6 Ratchet Behaviors Ig’nant People Should Give Up for Lent
- Sweet or Needy: Which Are You?
- Missing Teen Featured on ‘The View’ Found Hours After Broadcast
- Show Off Your Shape! Style Tips To Flatter Your Body