All Articles Tagged "lori gardner"
Kelly Rowland has set the bar for baby gifts to power couple Beyonce and Jay-Z very high, so anybody thinking of coming with something simple better think again. Baby baths are a typical gift for a shower, but the $5,200 Swarovski diamond-studded bathtub that Kelly gave Beyonce is on a whole different level.
The tub was created by interior designer Lori Gardner and is imbedded with 44,928 pieces of imported crystal which were applied by hand. It took Gardner two months to put all of the pink jewels on, and on top of all that, the bath weighs a whopping 3,000 pounds!
While the gift might be a bit impractical and over the top, it’s super glam and befitting of the 2,200 square foot nursery being built for the baby girl who will also ride in style in a $1 million custom made Mercedes van that comes complete with a bathroom, shower, wifi , satellite TV, and a $150,000 sound system. This is one lucky baby.
What do you think of Kelly’s gift?
Brande Victorian is a blogger and culture writer in New York City. Follower her on Twitter at @be_vic.
More on Madame Noire!
- 10 Very Annoying Things on Facebook
- 6 Dating Rules That Shouldn’t Exist Anymore
- Ask a Very Smart Brotha: Bad Sex, Dry Cake & Black Woman Green Hair
- How to Make Stretching Your Relaxer a Breeze
- Selita Ebanks Punches Woman For “Hitting On” Boo Terrence J
- How Your Childhood Affects Your Relationships
- Straight From His Lips: 8 Men Myths That Aren’t Always True