All Articles Tagged "link post"
Don’t get it twisted, although Solange Knowles is a spokesperson for Carol’s Daughter, she doesn’t want to answer questions about her own hair, despite what the critics have to say about HER strands. After coming across a Tumblr post that pointed out praise for her protective hair choices (the big curly wig she wears sometimes) as well as negative comments about her own natural hair (it’s dry, it looks unkempt, etc.), she decided to talk about hair on her Twitter for the first time, and the last. And she went in. The most notable quote from her tweets was the following:
“Look, all i’m saying is. My hair is not very important to me….so i don’t encourage it to be important to you. Im very emotional today (involving something else) , so i’m letting the momentum of that help me to express the fact that…I dont want to talk about no damn hair…..no mo.”
Tell ‘em why you’re mad boo! To see the other Tweets she sent out to the “Natural Hair police of the world,” click over to our sister site, StyleBlazer.com.
More on Madame Noire!
- Where Are They Now? Kids From a Few of Our Favorite Black TV Shows
- MN Exclusive: Kesha Nichols Dishes on Tami’s Apology, Dating a Show Producer, and How Editing Works on Reality TV
- True Life: What’s The Best Comeback You Had For A Man Who Hit On You On The Street?
- Where You Been Cherie Johnson? Part II
- Just Out Of Curiosity, Are You Over President Obama?
- The Thrill is Gone: 7 TV Shows That Need To Call It Quits…Like Yesterday
- Boy, Please: 8 Signs You’ll Just Never Be Into Him