All Articles Tagged "letters"
Who could forget Kevin Costner’s moving personal statement during Whitney Houston’s funeral this February? Houston’s co-star from The Bodyguard, portrayed the late R&B icon as a shy, insecure young lady, with enormous talent.
Costner said, ‘Whitney was nervous and scared that she wasn’t good enough for the role. But I told her I would be with her every step of the way.”
One of the most emotionally moving parts of the service was Costner’s final message to the Grammy Award winning songstress, “Off you go Whitney, off you go. Escorted by an army of angels to your heavenly father. When you sing before him. Don’t you worry. You will be good enough.”
For the complete story, visit TheGrio.com
More on Madame Noire!
- Women Who Get/Got Too Into Their Men
- The New Dating Norms: 6 Big Changes In The Dating Game
- You’re Just Not That Into It: Signs That Your Job Isn’t For You
- Madames Who Acted Like Ladies, But Thought Like Men
- Kandi Says Beef With Marlo Almost Turned RHOA Reunion Into A Different Kind Of Show
- Growing Up Fast: Toya and Lil Wayne’s Daughter Reginae Gets Dolled Up For Photo Shoot
- RHOA Salaries Exposed: They’re All Making Bank!
- Cartoon Has a Message for Black Women
Five kids, 12 grandchildren, one great-grandchild, and 77 years of marriage weren’t enough to stop Antonio C, 99, from filing for divorce from his wife after he found letters from an affair she had 60 years ago.
The Italian man reportedly discovered the letters exchanged between his wife and her former lover in an old chest of drawers before Christmas, according to the Telegraph. When Antonio confronted his wife, Rosa, she admitted to cheating and tried to convince her husband to work it out, but he still filed the papers. Since then, Rosa has not attempted to contest the divorce.
According to ABC, once things are finalized, Antonio and Rosa will become the world’s oldest divorcees. The title is currently held by a former British couple, Bertie and Jessie Wood, both aged 98, who went their separate ways in 2009 after 36 years of marriage.
They say men never forgive women for stepping out on them, guess it’s true no matter how long you’ve been together.
Brande Victorian is a blogger and culture writer in New York City. Follower her on Twitter at @be_vic.