All Articles Tagged "Kendra James"
On November 5th, 2012, Oxygen wrapped up the 9th season of “The Bad Girls Club” with a 3 part reunion. While watching it I realized how far (or low, depending on your way of seeing things) this show has come. In 2006, Oxygen premiered the very first season of “Bad Girls Club” and created a show that has simultaneously caused entertainment and controversy. Some people have blamed the show for glorifying violence and teaching women and young girls that fighting is a solution to a problem. But, however you look at it, it draws viewers in with each season. Now that the show is about to go into its 10th season in Atlanta, why don’t we take a trip down memory lane and see where some of them have ended up?
SEASON ONE presented the show as a way of trying to help the ladies to fix their negative behaviors.
Season one was memorable for two things. That Ripsi rampage, and that beach fight. When the ladies went to the beach, and fellow bad girl Aimee refused to help carry the beach equipment to the car, this created a thorn in Ty’s side. Not being one to expect people to read her mind, she not only told Aimee how she felt, but she also served her a two piece with a biscuit, causing her to be ejected from the house.
According to Sandrarose.com, in 2008 she was… hustling in the world’s first profession. But as Phaedra Parks would say: “Every saint has a past and sinner has a future,” so no judgment! She graduated college and was working on a memoir entitled “Love Me or Hate Me.” She’s a mother now, and it seems she puts her daughter first instead of indulging in current bad girl shenanigans, so good deal.
More on Madame Noire!
- Just a Thought, Maybe More People Would Try Online Dating If The Ads Weren’t So Corny
- Ask A Very Smart Brotha Live: He Cheated When I Was 3 Wks Pregnant, Should I Forgive Him?
- Good Sex, Are You Having It? The Importance of Communication In The Bedroom
- MN Exclusive: Tempestt Bledsoe Talks New Show, Men who Make Less & Natural Hair
- So What If I Don’t Cook? This Is For Women Who Aren’t Obsessed With What Men Want In A Wife
- Relaxed & Real, Episode 1: From Daytime To Evening
- 8 Things We Want To Tell Our Potential Suitors: The First Date No No’s For Men
Looks like Fannie heard everyone’s been talking about her and the rumors surrounding her son’s father, Antwaun Cook. At the end of last week, stories were swirling about Antwaun hooking up with a member of the “Bad Girls Club,” and on top of that sites were reporting the singer had a bit of a breakdown on stage as she talked about Jesus being the only one who will never leave you, not to mention a horrific picture of said breakdown.
That’s neither here nor there now, because the singer appeared to be in a much better place during the Essence Music Festival this weekend, so much so that in between customary barefoot performances of songs like “Bittersweet,” “Even Angels,” and “Nobody Greater,” she imparted these words to the audience:
“I’m doing me now, and I don’t care what the folk have to say. So put that on your Twitter. Sweep around your own front door before you try and clean around mine…”
OK then. Looks like someone hit her with that “I told you so” about her borrowed man like I predicted.
Regardless, the important thing is she’s doing what she should be doing which is singing so she can provide for her children, and I must say I’d much rather hear her say she’s doing her than to be depressed about the rumored love she’s lost. My only hope is that doing her extends to not doing Antwaun anymore because it’s time to retire that triflin’ man.
Do you believe Fantasia’s done with him?
More on Madame Noire!
- Never Thought They’d Make It: Couples We Didn’t Think Would Still Be Together!
- Back In The Day When I Was Young: Child Actors Who Aren’t So Little Anymore!
- Oral Transactions and Getting “Ghetto”: Moments in Reality TV That Had Everybody Talking
- They’re Not Just for Kids Anymore: How to Be Chic in Your Jellies This Summer
- Noire Naturals, Episode 3: Creating a Sophisticated Elegance
- Open Door Policy: The Truth About “Breaks” and Open Relationships
- DY-NO-MITE!!! 8 Celebrities and the Roles That Typecast Them and Stunted Their Careers
I’m sure someone somewhere is telling Fantasia “I told so,” but hopefully they also have some comfort for the mother of two whose boyfriend/second child’s father Antwaun Cook has supposedly left her for another woman. Oh, and the woman isn’t the wife we’re pretty sure he’s still married too either.
The story stems from a photo “Bad Girls Club” member Kendra James uploaded on Instagram of her getting cozy with a man who looks dead on Antwaun. Making things even more suspect, when fans questioned her about who he was, she deleted the pic and any links to it.
Yeah that’s him.
I’d like to say I’d think this woman would be smart enough not to get involved with this man but she did appear on “Bad Girls Club” after all, and from the looks of things they’re already very much involved. The YBF also has a source who confirmed the men in Kendra’s other pics are Antwaun’s fraternity brothers and they say she’s definitely dating ol’ boy. Many are speculating this situation is at least part of, if not the full reason, Fantasia had a break down during her performance in Trinidad last weekend, she reportedly told the audience:
“The only person who will never leave you is Jesus.”
All I can say is she better hold on to God’s unchanging hand right now because it looks like things with Antwaun are o.v.a. Considering they probably should have never started in the first place, this really isn’t a bad thing in the long run. What do you say?
More on Madame Noire!
- Party of One Please: Things I’ve Learned To Enjoy By Myself
- MN Exclusive: Warryn & Erica Campbell On How They Met, Their Family and Managing To Work Together
- You Are Not The Father! The Most Memorably Ratchet Moments From The Maury Povich Show
- Drop The Flat Iron Like It’s Hot: Summer Hairstyles To Help You Beat the Heat
- And They Say Only Black Women are Bitter? Why Bitter Black Men Need To Have a Seat…Several
- Stop Arguing About Dumb Stuff! How I Learned To Keep The Peace In My Relationship
- Old Habits Die Hard: Learning Not To Dim My Light So Others Can Feel Like They’re Shining