All Articles Tagged "Kelly Rowland What Would Dylan Do"
Kelly Rowland has had a few bit parts here and there, getting her feet wet in the acting pool with shows like “Eve,” “Girlfriends,” and “Single Ladies.” But now the former Destiny’s Child singer is ready to jump into the role of actress full force and she’s doing so with a lead role in BET’s new comedy pilot, “What Would Dylan Do.”
According to The Hollywood Reporter, Kelly will star as “Dylan, a struggling L.A.-based relationship blogger who lives with her best friend Cherise (Gabrielle Dennis, The Game) and wealthy and divorced roommate Brooke (Melanie Liburd, Strike Back)….
“Brandon Scott, who played intern Dr. Ryan Spalding on Grey’s Anatomy, will play Dylan’s neighbor and Cherise’s boyfriend Ryan.”
The plot hasn’t been flushed out much more than that—at least to the public—but on the surface it sounds like an interesting concept.
As of late, people have been less-than-enthused with BET’s scripted series but maybe Kelly and the writers behind this project can prove the critics wrong. If the pilot is picked up, it will be added to a list of new promising series like “Generation Wayans,” “Being Mary Jane,” and “The Real Husbands of Hollywood,” not to mention its other shows, “Reed Between the Lines,” “The Game,” and “Let’s Stay Together.”
How do you think Kelly will do with this project?
More on Madame Noire!
- I’m Gonna Call It Like I See It: Celebs With No Filter
- Beauty On A Budget: 8 Delicious Drugstore Products You Can’t Live Without
- Secret Lover: Signs He May Be Hiding Something From You
- All The Single Ladies! Grown and Gorgeous Celebs Who Are Single and Satisfied!
- Why I Wish We Would Stop Advising Black Women To Date Outside The Race
- Why I Love Working With Black Women
- Because a Mind is a Terrible Thing to Waste: Celebs Who Attended Ivy League Universities