All Articles Tagged "July Issue"
Barack Obama has a colorful cover on the upcoming July issue of Essence magazine. It’s been a little while since we’ve seen the POTUS grace the mag and in just enough time for the election, President Obama shared a few words about his goals for maintaining his spot as Commander-in-Chief this fall.
“I’ve always approached my presidency as a long-term proposition,” he told the publication. “I didn’t run for office just to clean up the mess I inherited. I didn’t run for office just to return to the status quo. Understanding that some of the things I get done, we may not see the benefits from them for ten years. But that’s how change happens…”
In his cover feature, the president outlines his plan for improving the economy, our health, homes, and the future, and why he’s already excited about the next four years—and obviously expecting a victory this November.
The entire July issue has a bit of a political feel as the magazine will also feature a special salute from First Lady Michelle Obama to members of the military and their families in an article titled “Pride & Glory.” Another feature, “Back in the U.S.A,” will also highlight soldiers from the 3rd Brigade Combat Team for Operation New Dawn who are just returning from Iraq deployments and adapting to life at home while celebrating Independence Day with their friends and family.
Will you check out the July issue?
Brande Victorian is a blogger and culture writer in New York City. Follower her on Twitter at @be_vic.
More on Madame Noire!
- What’s Black Enough For You?
- Grieving Over a Girlfriend: 7 Ways to Move on After a Break-up…Between Friends
- Bet You Didn’t Know: Secrets Behind the Making of “Poetic Justice”
- Am I The Problem? Finding Accountability Within
- Don’t Look Back: Are You Spending Too Much Time Obsessing Over Your Past?
- Where Are They Now? 10 Black Actresses Who Should Have Blown Up Big…
- What About Ciara? Knicks Star Amar’e Stoudemire Proposes To Mother of His Children