All Articles Tagged "James “King Tight” Blackston"
The full story surrounding the death of 21-year-old Irish foreign exchange student Nicola Furlong after a Nicki Minaj show in Japan is still developing, but what is known is that at least one of the rapper’s dancers has been arrested for rape and murder connected with the killing.
In pieced together details, it seems Nicola went with another female friend, Sarah Maher, 21, to the Nicki Minaj concert Wednesday night and met James “King Tight” Blackston, 23, a tour backup dancer, and Larry Perry, 19, a musician. Later that night, the girls decided to go to the guy’s hotel room. Sarah, who lived, says she was sexually assaulted in the car ride over while the other girl was found strangled to death in Larry’s room Thursday morning. Reports have said that Nicola was actually sexually assaulted after she was dead, but with the suspected cause of death being cervical compression, it’s possible that she could have died during the act f her head was held down so much that the spinal cord was compressed enough to cause respiratory failure.
So far, both men have been arrested on sexual assault charges but Larry could be looking at the death penalty if he’s convicted of murdering the girl. Nicki Minaj obviously doesn’t have anything to do with her crew’s whereabouts after her show but this is definitely bad publicity for her, not to mention a sad situation all around.
Brande Victorian is a blogger and culture writer in New York City. Follower her on Twitter at @be_vic.
More on Madame Noire!
- Things I Learned While Rocking Relaxed Hair, Natural Hair, and No Hair At All
- I’m a Little Uncomfortable With Michelle O’s Love For Beyoncé, Are You?
- Don’t Be a Ratchet Rat: 7 Manners Everyone Should Mind…Or Risk Getting Snapped On
- Haute Hats: When It’s Hot, Keep Your Cool With These 7 Stylish Looksl
- Sheila E. Says Music Healed Wounds From a Traumatic Childhood Incident
- Get Under Your Skin: How To Renew & Maintain Your Skin
- The Hair She Dared to Wear: The Coiffures of Patti Labelle