All Articles Tagged "j"
For the people of Awkward Nation, it’s been a long wait. But it’s finally over. Issa Rae, the mastermind behind the series “The Misadventures of Awkward Black Girl,” and her castmates are back for a second season of hilarity. This time Rae has teamed up with Pharrell Williams’ iamOTHER network.
We know you’re excited to see how J and White Jay are getting along, if she’s been able to remain cool with Fred and what new rhymes J and Cee Cee have created. All the answers to these questions and more will be answered in the first episode. Check it out below.
More on Madame Noire!
- Primping Ain’t Easy: Who Said Maintaining Biracial Hair Was Simple?
- Ask a Very Smart Brotha: What Should I Do About My Man’s Crazy Ex?
- Say It Loud: 8 Celebrities Whose Parents Were Activists
- You Could’ve Kept That: 9 Movie Remakes and Sequels That Shouldn’t Have Seen the Light of Day
- Don’t Be His Fool, or His Doormat: Excuses Women Need to Stop Making For Men
- Loud Cheers, No Arrests & Cultural Celebration: The Need for Black Graduation Ceremonies
- Don’t Be Desperate, Oprah: 5 Television Programs That Could Save OWN
If you have been missing “The Misadventures of Awkward Black Girl” since the season finale where J picked White J as her man, met Donald Glover and got a new crazy boss, then no need to be sad any longer. Creator Issa Rae, who also plays the hilariously awkward J, premiered a trailer for the new season, which is premiering on June 14. In the trailer, Rae recounts season one and all the drama that came with it, but does so in hysterical and lyrical fashion. Her TWA is a bit bigger and her rhymes are still crazy. And in it she also shouts out all the stereotypes of black folks you see on screen that she is not: “Not a basketball wife, not a n***a in a dress, not a sassy fat b***h, not a hot s****y mess, I’m awkward and blaaaaack…” Pharrell then stops in to give her the side eye and make her feel even more awkward. But let me not give it all away. Check out the trailer and let us know your thoughts.
Excited for the new season?
More on Madame Noire!
- Things I Learned While Rocking Relaxed Hair, Natural Hair, and No Hair At All
- I’m a Little Uncomfortable With Michelle O’s Love For Beyoncé, Are You?
- Don’t Be a Ratchet Rat: 7 Manners Everyone Should Mind…Or Risk Getting Snapped On
- Haute Hats: When It’s Hot, Keep Your Cool With These 7 Stylish Looksl
- Sheila E. Says Music Healed Wounds From a Traumatic Childhood Incident
- Get Under Your Skin: How To Renew & Maintain Your Skin
- The Hair She Dared to Wear: The Coiffures of Patti Labelle
In the past, we’ve talked about how you should proceed in terms of dating if you’re in the process of divorcing someone. Some of you say “you’re married until you’re divorced” and others say, “What are you going to do? Sit around and just wait on paperwork?” Well no matter what you think, these celebs didn’t wait for the ink on their papers to dry. No, these folks hit the ground running…unsigned divorce papers be damned!
We all fell in love with The Misadventures Awkward Black Girl web series and are truly excited for its success. Many of us can relate to J’s natural awkwardness and have been in similar situations. The series has also showed us how us awkwards deal with the tricky topic of romance.
Here are some love lessons we learned from J and the crew: