All Articles Tagged "inherview"
Every other week someone has something negative to say about black women. According to the media and even “psychological studies” we’ve been everything from un-marriable, unattractive and contently overweight. On top of the very real health concerns that already plague the black community at more drastic, more detrimental rates (HIV-AIDS, breast cancer, diabetes, hypertension etc.) it can sometimes feel like the only news about black women is bad news.
But–and this is a very important but– for us everyday black women, with our grandmothers, mothers, aunts, sisters and friends as real life role models, we know without a shadow of a doubt that these media findings are just untrue. To get a more balanced, and dare we say, realistic view of what it really means to be a black woman, the Harlow Project created a series called “in(HER)view.” The series asks black women what being a black woman means for them. Since, you know, we live in their blackness day in and day out.
Find out what these women have to say and then please leave your own comment. What does being a black woman mean to you?
More on Madame Noire!
- Bonjou! 8 Famous Folks You Might Not Have Known Were Creole
- True Life: He Proposed to Me!
- I Had Such High Hopes: Hair Products That Looked Good But Didn’t Produce Results
- Looking For Trouble: 5 Signs You’re a Bully (And Could Use an A** Whoopin’)
- Battle Of The Bulge: 8 Celebs Who Have Yo-Yo’ed With Their Weight
- Corporate Curls: The Struggle To Wear My Natural Hair As a TV Reporter”
- The Kids Are All Right: Nick & Mariah Share New Pics of Roc & Roe