All Articles Tagged "i heart you"
It’s been a little while since Toni’s come out with new music and since she ditched the opportunity to work on a Braxton sisters album for her own solo project, fans have been getting antsy about just when that album will be released. Well, finally singer has opened up about the project details.
In an interview with SheKnows.com, Toni said her new album, “Heartstrings & Synagogue Vibes,” will debut sometime in May, and she says, “You’re going to want to dance all night. Let’s say it’s probably very ‘Last Dance’-ish.”
That’s a bit of a switch for Toni, who’s most memorable songs have been love ballads. And in case you’ve been wondering what’s taking so long for her to release this new music, she says she’s been taking her time to make sure everything is just right.
“I’m kind of a beast, I’m kind of bad in the studio,” she said. “I’m a perfectionist and I repeat things. I want to get it right so I make the engineers ‘give it to me again, give it to me again.’”
That sounds like the Toni we see on the “Braxton Family Values.” For now, the family headliner has released a single to wet her fans appetite. “I Heart You” dropped earlier this month and it definitely has an uptempo club beat. Check it out here.
Are you excited for new music from Toni?
Brande Victorian is a blogger and culture writer in New York City. Follower her on Twitter at @be_vic.
More on Madame Noire!
- Dating While Separated? You Were Asking For Trouble Adrian Wilson
- He Had That Masculine Thing DOWN: 8 Mannish R&B Singers
- Should Non-African Blacks Be Cast in African Roles?
- The Black Snob Sounds Off: The 7 Kinds of Men Who Make Life Miserable For Everyone
- 6 Times You’ll Have To Accept No Sex For A While
- That’s My Cousin! Famous Black Celebrities Who Are Related
- MN Exclusive: Tashera Simmons on Why Therapy Was “Life Changing” For Her and DMX
- 4 DIY Home-Made Facial Masks To Rejuvenate Your Skin