All Articles Tagged "Honolulu"
We told you over the weekend that Tichina Arnold got hitched to college basketball coach Rico Hines after moving her wedding date up from September 8, and after checking her Instagram, we see the hilarious actress posted some fun shots of her wedding weekend.
The 43-year-old star of the TV Land sitcom “Happily Divorced” looks to be a very happy newlywed sharing her special day with all of her close friends and family in Honolulu. The destination wedding included 70 guests, including Tasha Smith’s twin sister Sidra. One person that does appear to be missing though is her BFF Tisha Campbell.
Check out the photos below. What do you think of her big day?
More on Madame Noire!
- Bet You Didn’t Know: Secrets Behind The Making of “Diary of a Mad Black Woman”
- Really, Though? Who Died And Made You An Authority On What’s “Real”?
- Thank You Rihanna For Being Open About Chris Brown, Even If Some People Still Don’t Get It
- How I Lost A Friendship To Domestic Violence
- Degrees of Separation: Where To Draw The Line In Dating People Who Know Each Other?
- Girlfriend Guilt: When You’re The Only One Still On Track
- I’m Gonna Call It Like I See It: Celebs With No Filter
Bobby Brown just had the best weekend ever. While in Honolulu, the singer not only performed with New Edition for a concert and celebrated Father’s Day, he also made things official with his girlfriend/fiancée, Alicia Etheredge, and jumped the broom.
Close friends and family surrounded the couple during their nuptials, including Bobby’s older kids Landon, 23, La’Princia, 22, and Bobby Jr., 19. Bobby and Alicia’s son Cassius, who’s 3, served as the ring bearer and four young flower girls were also a part of the ceremony.
It was 43-year-old Bobby’s prerogative to wear a red suit and Adidas, matching his son, while Alicia was traditional in a destination wedding style white dress.
During an interview in 2011, Bobby told PEOPLE that Alicia had given him a new lease on life after divorcing Whitney Houston.
“I got my passion back for music and for loving myself because of her,” he said.
In 2010 he proposed to his girlfriend/manager in front of a sold out New Edition crowd In Jacksonville, FL, and now the couple’s relationship has come full circle with them getting hitched just 24 hours after a New Edition show in Hawaii.
Now, the pair says it’s back to business. For now, they have no honeymoon plans, but they’ll continue to travel on the New Edition tour which kicks off again June 23 in Oakland, CA.
As many news outlets had reported prior to the couple’s wedding, Bobbi Kristina did not in fact attend her father’s ceremony, with many sources saying their relationship is strained at the moment. Hopefully it will be on the mend soon.
More on Madame Noire!
- Bet You Didn’t Know: Secrets Behind the Making of Coming to America
- Is It True That Men Don’t Want To Get Married?
- Single Black Male: Stop Giving Up the Cookies Ladies, Men WILL Wait for Sex
- Where Are They Now? Now Defunct “Making The Band” Groups: Da Band and Danity Kane
- Don’t Be His Fool, or His Doormat: Excuses Women Need to Stop Making For Men
- Hair Today, Gone Tomorrow: Will I Lose My Femininity With My Hair Length?
- LIVIN’ LARGE! Celebs Who Made It BIG By Being BIG
After a two-year engagement, Bobby Brown decided to finally go beyond putting a ring on it and actually set a date for his wedding to fiancée Alicia Etheridge, and the day is approaching pretty quickly.
According to TMZ, on June 15, Bobby and Alicia will go ahead and do the dang thang while in Hawaii for New Edition’s Honolulu concert. The 43-year-old has been engaged to Alicia since May 2010 and they already have one child together. Bobby is said to be flying out some of his family and friends to celebrate the couple’s big day which coincides with a pretty big weekend between show rehearsals, nuptials, concerts, father’s day, and the paparazzi. We’re sure these two will figure out a way to make it work. They’ve waited long enough to become husband and wife and there’s no time like the present.
Brande Victorian is a blogger and culture writer in New York City. Follower her on Twitter at @be_vic.
More on Madame Noire!
- Hip to the Game: Red Flags We Overlook In Our 20′s And Look Out For In Our 30′s!
- Ashton Kutcher, “Brown Face,” And Why These Images Persist in Media
- Bet You Didn’t Know: Secrets Behind the Making of “Boyz N The Hood”
- Why Do We Feel The Need to Keep Explaining ‘Our’ Fatness?
- Did You Know They Were The Daddy? Surprising Celebrity Parents
- 20 Years Later, Where Are They Now? The Cast of “The Cosby Show”
- Who You Calling a Bit**? A How-To on Properly Addressing Women