All Articles Tagged "Homless Man"
Oprah recently mustered up a little bit of her angel network magic while dining at the fancy Scarpetta restaurant in Beverly Hills. The media mogul was reportedly out enjoying a five-course meal on the restaurant’s patio with four OWN execs when a man came up to her and asked, “Oprah can you help a homeless guy get a bowl of soup, please?”
Without hesitation, Oprah responded “Please, can we get him some money, get him a meal.” The man introduced him self as Eddie and after Oprah said “God bless you, Eddie” one of the OWN execs blessed him with an unknown amount of cash (it was a wad). Scarpetta’s staff also brought the man a feast to partake of.
Some of us might do this on a daily basis but most people are quick to ignore the homeless people they come in contact with. It’s good to see Oprah isn’t one of them. Moral of the story? Ask and ye shall receive.
Brande Victorian is a blogger and culture writer in New York City. Follower her on Twitter at @be_vic.
More on Madame Noire!
- Ask a Very Smart Brotha Live: The Cheating Scale & Adult Videos
- Find a Solution to Your Suffering Sex Life
- Disappearing Acts: Why Men Suddenly Stop Calling
- Malinda Williams Is Not Feeling ‘Think Like A Man’
- Bruised But Not Broken: 10 Ways to Cure Heartbreak
- What’s The Big Deal About The Lack Of Black ‘Girls?’
- Skincare Q&A: Photo Sensitivity, Combination Skin and Dark Circles
- Haute Hair Accessory: Clip-Ins (Starting Under $100 Too!)