All Articles Tagged "Heroin"
It’s amazing the lengths people will go to to smuggle drugs—and still fail. A Nigerian woman who flew into JFK Airport in New York City from France this weekend was detained by a Border Protection inspector when something didn’t seem quite right with the way she was waddling around. Afolake Awoyemi claimed to be three months pregnant but the inspector ordered a pat-down search to check out her story and that’s when it all went downhill.
During the pat down, officers found a bulge in Afolake’s groin area—a bump that has nothing to do with being pregnant—and when they proceeded to do a strip search, all was revealed. As soon as the woman dropped her underwear, pellets containing brown powder began dropping from her groin area and the substance tested positive for heroin. That wasn’t the only place Afolake had a stash though, X-Rays revealed more heroin pellets in her intestine, which she was forced to pass into a toilet that sanitizes the drugs throughout the day.
A total of 25 pellets ended up coming out, which would have brought in $20,000 on the streets. But according to a spokesman, Afolake is small time. He said, “Experienced drug mules have swallowed up to 200 pellets containing drugs, indicating [Afolake] may have been on a maiden voyage.”
For now, the only voyage Afolake is on is to see a federal magistrate after recovering in a hospital this weekend. Just to be sure, the drug-smuggling passenger was given a pregnancy test while there. As expected, the test was negative.
Brande Victorian is a blogger and culture writer in New York City. Follower her on Twitter at @be_vic.
More on Madame Noire!
- Is He Somebody’s Elses Guy? How To Forget A Forbidden Love
- Face Off! Natural Beauty At Its Best!
- Think You’re Moving Too Fast? Reasons Why You Shouldn’t Slow Down
- Flower Power: Floral Prints – Get the Look for Under $100!
- Brotherly Love: Celebrity ‘Bromances’ We Like To See
- I’m Sorry, But You Can’t Put Your Biological Clock on Snooze Forever
- When It’s Not Worth Fixing
- Melanie Fiona talks GRAMMYs, Stank and her “MF” life