All Articles Tagged "heckler"
Solange celebrated her 26th birthday this weekend in London with Beyonce, Jay-Z, Rihanna, Kanye West, MIA…and a drunk heckler.
Entertainment Wise reports:
While everyone else seemed to be enjoying themselves at Radio 1’s Hackney Weekend it seems one reveler was determined to ruin the night for Beyoncé as she was verbally attacked while watching her husband Jay Z take to the stage on Saturday night.
The 30 year-old was there to enjoy the show but soon became alarmed when a drunk yob started to verbally abuse the ‘Love On Top’ star. Beyoncé was watching the gig from a sectioned off area directly in front of the stage and directed her minders to the offensive attack, which left her distraught.
“Whatever was said, it really upset Beyoncé,” the insider revealed. “Jay-Z’s bodyguards weren’t going to have any of it.”
An ugly fight broke out in front of the stage while the bodyguards tried to reach the offender.
“They waded in and there was a massive ruckus,” the source explained. “It got pretty ugly and Beyoncé was whisked away so she wouldn’t get caught in the middle of it.”
After the offenders were removed, Beyoncé got back to enjoying the night and was seen dancing along to her husband’s hits from the crowd.
There is always that one fan who wants to do too much! I’m surprised Jay Z didn’t stop his set, but I guess the show must go on! Fortunately for the birthday girl, the incident didn’t put a damper on her celebration. Reports say that, during his after-party that night, Jay-Z surprised his sister-in-law at midnight with cake and champagne and everyone sang Happy Birthday.
The next day, on Solange’s actual birthday, she posted the pic above on Instagram of her and Beyonce captioned: “We.Are.Family.” Solange also posted a picture of herself on Instagram captioned: “Blue and yellow and birthday love…Thank You!” showing off all of her fashion fabulousness.
No word yet on what Beyonce gifted her little sister for her birthday. Last year she gave Solange 25 pairs of shoes (one for each year! Awww!). Then again, a free plane ticket to London and quality time with the sister at Radio 1′s Hackney Weekend definitely sounds like a great gift in itself.
Happy Birthday Solange!
Alissa Henry is a freelance writer living in Columbus, OH. Follow her on Twitter @AlissaInPink
More on Madame Noire!
- Bet You Didn’t Know: Secrets Behind The Making of School Daze
- They’ve Got a Story To Tell: Celebs Who Went From Top Ramen to Top Dollar
- If I Wanted to Deal With Kids, I’d Have My Own: A Letter to Parents Who Think Everyone Loves Their Kid as Much as They Do
- Let’s Talk, Ladies: Are You Afraid Of The “S” Word?
- My Story: For Colored Girls Who’ve Considered Suicide When the Law Couldn’t Protect Them From Incest
- Evening Eye Candy: NFL Baller Ray Edwards
- HALF ON A BABY: The Top 7 Ways You’ll Know He’s Ready For Kids
It’s no secret that President Obama has endured his fair share of disrespect since he took office. We’ve already determined that he was made for this job and can handle it. But when things get too far out of hand, sometimes you just have to let people know they need to take a seat. And that’s exactly what he did, in so many words, at a recent rally at Ohio State University.
“Sir, I’m here to speak to these folks, you can hold your own rally. You’re being rude. We’re trying to talk to these people…”
Check out the video to see how the full interaction went down.
I, for one, am glad the president finally spoke his mind. Reelection campaign and all of that aside, folks were really getting out of pocket. Time to remind them who he is…
More on Madame Noire!
- Shawty Swing My Way! Baseball Cuties We Love
- Brighten Up Your Day! Pops Of Color To Add To Your Wardrobe!
- Keep Rising To The Top: Supporting Actresses Who Became Leading Ladies
- I’m Not Saying She’s A Gold Digger But She’s Not Messing With…
- Ladies, Has It Been Awhile? 6 Ways to Take the ‘Edge’ Off
- Love Without A Limit: Why Women Stay In Bad Relationships
- Are They Related? Black Celebs (And Non-Black Celebs) Who Look Like They Could Be Siblings
- Where Are They Now? The Cast of “Living Single”