All Articles Tagged "Heart Issues"
Nick Cannon’s been having a tough time with his health lately. Just a month after suffering mild kidney failure, the television/radio host and actor announced that he would be quitting his morning radio show on 92.3 NOW due to more health issues.
“The news is out. This job is killing me,” he said on-air. “… What I need to recuperate for my body to get stronger … these are the hours I need to be sleeping. … I’ve been going hard.
“I have been in the hospital since Friday, and actually, it’s quite serious. My antibodies [in] my immune system were attacking my organs and it made my body even weaker.”
He explained his issues further, saying “I actually had two blood clots in my lungs … and because of the blood clots … the right side of my heart was enlarged.”
An enlarged heart is definitely nothing to play with, and Nick said his doctor told him he’s extremely lucky to even be alive.
“My doctor was like, ‘Luckily, you’re in shape, because most people who get blood clots in their lungs can’t breathe and they stop breathing, like, for ever.’”
This morning the jokester sent out several tweets making light of his condition, like “”I guess I can’t drive at 200 mph for the whole road trip, Time to put the car in cruise control.”
He said he’ll still continue to host “America’s Got Talent,” but hopefully this break from radio will allow him to get his health back up where it needs to be so he can be there for Mariah and dem babies.
Brande Victorian is a blogger and culture writer in New York City. Follower her on Twitter at @be_vic.
More on Madame Noire!
- The Severity Behind Every Street Holla
- Why Are You Hiding Your Boos? Celeb Women Who Are Always Acting Single
- Is Sex Addiction the Land Where All Cheating Lovers Go?
- I Know You Mean Well, But…7 Reasons Why BET Kills Me Softly
- Dry Season: Seven Reasons to Consider Being Celibate
- What You Do And Don’t Need To Agree On In A Relationship
- Ask a Very Smart Brotha Live: Biters and Body Odor
- Open Letter to Single Black Women