All Articles Tagged "guys"
Next time you’re cursing men, ignoring calls from your mom who will just ask why you’re not out on a date, and brushing off your shoulders while trying to stay positive after another humiliating and/or horrifying experience in the world of dating, just take comfort in knowing you’re not alone. These crappy things happen to just about every single woman at some point. Think we’re lying? Just check this list of stuff all the single ladies go through.
From Your Tango
A big source of confusion for many of our readers on Anewmode.com stems from whether guys mean what they say. A lot of the times, a guy will say one thing and then do something that doesn’t seem to fit at all with what he said.
I’m going to use a personal example to further illustrate my point. I started dating this guy who laid it on pretty thick in the beginning. He would tell me how much he liked me, how amazing I was, how happy he is to have met someone like me, how beautiful I was, etc. etc. This came pretty early on in the relationship and I assumed he was hooked. And since he seemed to like me so much I didn’t think there was any risk of him suddenly unliking me. Turns out that the rules of Facebook also apply to real life and a guy can go from like to unlike with one quick click…something I wish I knew at the time.
Read more YourTango.com.
I think we could all run down a list of friends we don’t want nor need in our lives, but what about recognizing the great ones you have or want to have? It’s always nice to know what qualities are great to have in your girlfriends (and male friends) so that you can dismiss the users and abusers with the quickness. There isn’t one perfect friend, but there’s a few great ones you should try to keep an eye out for and add to your “team.”
- The Ratchet But Lovable One: And by ratchet, I mean the friend who does a lot of questionable, crazy and just straight up stupid stuff from time to time. Whether it has to do with the men she messes with (that make you say to yourself, “Oh, girl…” *proceeds to shake head*), or the career choices she makes (she’s consistently undecided on what she wants to do with her future), she’s often calling you with a very interesting story to share. But outside of all that, she’s a great friend to help cheer you up. She (or he actually) has a lighthearted sense of humor and can make you chuckle like no other when you thought you were having the worst day ever. Yeah, she’s crazy, but she’s a loyal and lovable homie.
- The Goal-Oriented And Understanding Friend: While being playful and fun is cool, you also need a friend who can understand your complaints about your career and life in general to give great advice. This lady is someone you can vent about your day to, talk about your aspirations with, and just get a second opinion from because they are going through the same stuff, or have in the past. You two are on the same wave-length and are accomplishing similar things in life. And this friend is helpful at also keeping you on your toes, and most importantly, on track, because she reminds you of the goals you want to reach, even when you’re ready to give up on them yourself.
- The Girls Just Want to Have Fun BFF: A friend to listen to you and a friend to make you laugh is cool, but you can’t forget about the friend who helps pull you out of your shell. When you let yourself get swamped at work or held down by the everyday complications of life, this friend is trying to get you to take shots at the bar. She wants to go dancing with you, to check out that new movie, to go to that after work mixer, and to just keep your life a bit more spontaneous and fun. Who knew pottery could be such a stress reliever? She’s the one that will have you calling up your other friends with a cool (or crazy) story to tell the next day.
- The Rational Homie: But after all the fun has been had, you need a friend who can help you make sense of your issues. Did your man really act like an a** at that party, or were you possibly overreacting? Do you really need another pair of those pumps, girl, or do you need to focus on trying to pay down those student loans finally? Does ‘ol boy deserve a second chance, or do you need to be reminded of the pain he put you in the last time? Rational homies aren’t really the most fun friends in the world, but they can keep your world from spinning off its axis from time to time.
- The Reciprocating Buddy: MAN! Who doesn’t love a friend who appreciates the things you do for them, and is willing to do something for you in return? And without being asked!? Best. Friend. Ever. Too often you have those “friends” who ask you to drive places, jump in and out your car and never give gas. And did you have the “friend” who you gave some money to, but had to go to hell and back to get that money back from? Stingy and ungrateful friends are easy to find (sadly), but truly appreciative and giving friends are a gem to find. They offer you stuff and don’t make you feel like a burden, they help you with big tasks and are supportive, and they’re just overall good people that you don’t mind doing for. If you can find the friend who can give as much as they can receive, hold on to ‘em!
What other kind of friends would you add to the list?
More on Madame Noire!
- Hip to the Game: Red Flags We Overlook In Our 20′s And Look Out For In Our 30′s!
- Ashton Kutcher, “Brown Face,” And Why These Images Persist in Media
- Bet You Didn’t Know: Secrets Behind the Making of “Boyz N The Hood”
- Why Do We Feel The Need to Keep Explaining ‘Our’ Fatness?
- Did You Know They Were The Daddy? Surprising Celebrity Parents
- 20 Years Later, Where Are They Now? The Cast of “The Cosby Show”
- Who You Calling a Bit**? A How-To on Properly Addressing Women
As you can see, tonight’s Evening Eye Candy is on the white chocolate side. And not because we just felt it so necessary to change things up, but because, plain and simple, Ryan Gosling is HOT! If you think not, well, that’s cool, but since the days of The Notebook we’ve been giving him the subtle eye. But after films like Crazy, Stupid Love and even his heartbreaking turn in the film Blue Valentine, no more eye. We’re trying to get at that. The 31-year-old Academy Award nominated actor is smart, funny, muscular, and mad successful already. If that doesn’t pique your interest, then nothing will. Or maybe these photos might. Check it!
You love your guy friends. They give you an insight into the mind of man. They fill in as your “date” to plus one events. They are protective of you like an older brother. But, if you’re out with them, let’s face it—people assume you are a couple. Which can be a real problem when you’re trying to flirt with someone new. Here’s how to let your guy friend be helpful—rather than hurtful—in your search.