All Articles Tagged "george jefferson dead"
In sad news, TMZ is reporting that Sherman Hemsley, best known as George Jefferson on the classic black family sitcom, “The Jeffersons,” has passed.
As for now, the site doesn’t have details on how Sherman passed, but has reportedly received word from Texas authorities that the 74-year-old actor died in his home in El Paso. For as much of a family man as he played on TV, Sherman appears to have had no immediately family, leaving no wife nor any children behind.
Beyond his unforgettable role as the other half of Weezy on “The Jeffersons”, and the sitcom “All in the Family” where his character originated, Philly-born Sherman is also well known for playing the uptight deacon Ernest Frye on the NBC sitcom “Amen.” He also had stints on the “Fresh Prince of Bel-Air,” “Sister Sister,” and even recently Tyler Perry’s “House of Payne.” He will definitely be missed.
More on Madame Noire!
- Bet You Didn’t Know: Secrets Behind the Making of “New Jack City”
- The Ebony Magazine Drama And Why Black Women Need to Quit Attacking Each Other’s Character
- Evening Eye Candy: Model David Agbodji
- Don’t Hate Me Because I’m Beautiful: Do You Have Pretty Girl Problems
- Almost Doesn’t Count! Celebs Who Never Quite Made It Down the Aisle”
- That Ain’t No Mongolian Hair, Girl: What’s the Real Deal with Your “Virgin” Hair Extensions?
- Figuring Out Fake Friends: 6 Signs That Your Friends Might Be Green With Envy