All Articles Tagged "free download"
Robin Thicke just released a cover of Whiney Houston’s Exhale (Shoop Shoop) this week.
It was his tribute to the fallen Diva, he tweets to his followers:
This is my tribute to the great Whitney Houston. Sending my prayers to her family.
The R&B singer released the song last Sunday through his twitter. It’s free a download, which you can get here.
Thicke is one of the many artists who have done a tribute to Houston in the wake of her death. There have also been countless covers of her popular hits over the years. Just last week Amber Riley of Glee did a beautiful cover of “I Will Always Love You,” which coincidently was planned when it was. We all heard Jennifer Hudson’s cover of the song at the Grammy’s and all the other covers at the funeral.
At a time where Thicke could have distastefully profited off of the national fame surrounding Whitney Houston’s untimely death, he decided to upload it for free for his fans.
It’s actually a beautiful tribute. He wasn’t trying to be Whitney because let’s be honest no one will ever be Whitney. He took the song and made it his, with his high falsetto and all. It felt really genuine and not forced because he was actually giving a tribute to her, not trying to imitate the late pop and R&B icon. Thicke just wanted to pay homage to her, and I think that shows through. Future artists who are looking to cover and give tribute to Whitney should look to Thicke for guidance. Pay homage, but try not to duplicate and imitate.
How do you guys feel about his cover, is it a lovely tribute to Whitney? What’s your favorite Whitney Houston cover, present or past?
More on Madame Noire!
- Is It Okay to NOT Shampoo Your Hair? And 6 Foods That Make Great Conditioners
- Run That Back!:10 Albums That Shaped Me
- Let it Go, Let it Flow: 7 People You Should Pick Your Battles With
- Love & Life Lessons I Learned From “Love & Basketball”
- 6 Ratchet Behaviors Ig’nant People Should Give Up for Lent
- Sweet or Needy: Which Are You?
- Missing Teen Featured on ‘The View’ Found Hours After Broadcast
- Show Off Your Shape! Style Tips To Flatter Your Body